How do you stop bored eating

I have an interest in and have studied Preventive and Behavioral Medicine. You're bored and want to stimulate the pleasure centers of your brain. If you're not careful you can develop Anhedonia.

1. Don't eat junk (high in sugar, fat, salt) because it actually changes your brain chemistry, ESPECIALLY when bored. The mind is powerful and chemical reactions are profound.
2. Don't get painted into a pleasure corner. I.E. don't have one thing that brings you pleasure or you will narrow your brain's ability to find pleasure in other things. Find a few other things to do at work that are pleasurable so you don't use food as your go to "cure".
3. Increase variety. Work position, go to break, work position, go to break, infinity. Have some other things to do on break. Cycle through various stimuli. Maybe your first break of the day you take a 30-60 minute walk. The second you read a few chapters of a novel. The third you play some Nintendo Switch or something. Eat your actual meals (not snacks) in different rooms.

If you don't remove monotony and increase variety you brain will languish and shut down on you, reverting to lizard brain behaviors like crushing snacks when bored.

Find a few other things to do at work that are pleasurable
but not too pleasurable!

i keep a water bottle with me. A small one so you have to fill it up a couple times throughout the day.

I have an interest in and have studied Preventive and Behavioral Medicine. You're bored and want to stimulate the pleasure centers of your brain. If you're not careful you can develop Anhedonia.

1. Don't eat junk (high in sugar, fat, salt) because it actually changes your brain chemistry, ESPECIALLY when bored. The mind is powerful and chemical reactions are profound.
2. Don't get painted into a pleasure corner. I.E. don't have one thing that brings you pleasure or you will narrow your brain's ability to find pleasure in other things. Find a few other things to do at work that are pleasurable so you don't use food as your go to "cure".
3. Increase variety. Work position, go to break, work position, go to break, infinity. Have some other things to do on break. Cycle through various stimuli. Maybe your first break of the day you take a 30-60 minute walk. The second you read a few chapters of a novel. The third you play some Nintendo Switch or something. Eat your actual meals (not snacks) in different rooms.

If you don't remove monotony and increase variety you brain will languish and shut down on you, reverting to lizard brain behaviors like crushing snacks when bored.

Every 4th or 5th break hammer one out in the bathroom. You'll be good in no time!

Fourth or fifth? Those are rookie numbers you gotta pump that shit up.

For extra alpha controller points do it in the break room and make eye contact with all your coworkers.
Baby steps my friend. He’s trying to break the cycle. Before he knows it he’ll be letting it rip while he’s got pattern full of fast movers and a final 40 miles long.

Back
Top Bottom