How fast to 150k

Can anyone give me an estimated amount of time from arriving at a level 11/12 center until you’re making $150k and up
Depends. If you go to Oakland Center (level 11) you'll be at 150k in 2-3 years right when you certify.
If you go to Indianapolis Center (level 12) you'll be at 150k in maybe 10 years.
Those are both base pay only (locality included), you'll have to factor in any differentials like Sundays and nights.

Depends. If you go to Oakland Center (level 11) you'll be at 150k in 2-3 years right when you certify.
If you go to Indianapolis Center (level 12) you'll be at 150k in maybe 10 years.
Those are both base pay only (locality included), you'll have to factor in any differentials like Sundays and nights.
Why such a big difference in time? What are the variables from center to center that would make it so much longer? Is it more common to be at that pay in 2-3 years at most centers or is it typical to get to 150 after 8-10 years? I’m not sure exactly how the pay scales work. I see CPC for different centers range typically from 150-200k and if you get to CPC in 2-3 years wouldn’t you be at that pay?

Why such a big difference in time? What are the variables from center to center that would make it so much longer? Is it more common to be at that pay in 2-3 years at most centers or is it typical to get to 150 after 8-10 years? I’m not sure exactly how the pay scales work. I see CPC for different centers range typically from 150-200k and if you get to CPC in 2-3 years wouldn’t you be at that pay?
Time to educate yourself on the ins and outs.
View the pay scales here and the effect locality pay can have on different locations.
Pay Charts
Also, check out the FAQ on Pay
Pay

If you have any further questions after researching those, just let us know.

Question. And since ZID was mentioned let's use them as the example.
Bottom pay as CPC is $127,143
Top is $171,644

Quite the gap, unless your getting like 5% each year. What's the percentage each raise? Do people ever actually make it to the top?

Question. And since ZID was mentioned let's use them as the example.
Bottom pay as CPC is $127,143
Top is $171,644

Quite the gap, unless your getting like 5% each year. What's the percentage each raise? Do people ever actually make it to the top?
Raises compile so yeah you'll make it to the top eventually. Also your yearly gross, once certified, will probably be much higher than your base. Varies depending on facility but figure another 12% in difs plus OT and holiday etc

Lately we have been getting 2.6%. 1.6 in June that is contractual and only affects our base pay. The January pay raise increases our base pay but also bumps the pay bands up. The normal January government raise has been 1% but the this year they gave us 1.4% (I believe).

When the band moved up 1% each year, only 1.6% of our 2.6% really helps you climb to the top of the band so that takes a while. It would be more accurate to use the no locality pay table to figure out how long you can expect to be in the band.

Back
Top Bottom