How long is a TOL good for?

Wholelotta

I've heard rumors that they can be used for years to follow? Is this true or is there a maximum timeline to accept before they withdraw your bid?

A TOL is only good on the bid you got it for, I believe. The AT-SA score is good for three? I think? years, but if you don't get a TOL on a bid it's because your score wasn't high enough and you should re-take it.

I should have clarified, if I get a TOL how long do I have to respond before its rescinded?
It'll say on the TOL to respond within 3 or 5 days or something like that. If you don't, it still won't get rescinded right away, HR will reach out to you. If you still don't respond, then I'd expect it to get rescinded.

Thanks for the information everyone! I recently had one of my close family members fall terminally ill and was hoping I could push it off another 3-6 months to accept the TOL to see her through a majority of her treatment. Sounds like I will just have to apply to the next experienced bid when able.

I would reach out and let them know. They might be able to get you in the system and a later hire date. It’s such a game of chance getting an offer I wouldn’t want to play thre lottery again.

I've known a few people that have been able to push out a class date for various reasons. Just keep HR up to date on your situation and I'm sure they'll try to be accommodating.

I applied on the Dec prior experience bid so I still have 5 years to get selected and found out about the situation late December after I was referred or else I wouldnt have applied. Ill reach out once I get my TOL and see if they can help with the situation. Thank you again everyone!

I applied on the Dec prior experience bid so I still have 5 years to get selected and found out about the situation late December after I was referred or else I wouldnt have applied. Ill reach out once I get my TOL and see if they can help with the situation. Thank you again everyone!
You don't even have a TOL? Not everyone gets one...

I was accounting the long in process time into account(9-12 months) plus the additional 3-6 I was thinking. There's a possibility of me being a full time care taker through chemo and all that. Appreciate the feed back though.

@EthanA believe it or not it can be worked, and you can always turn it down later if you cant do it. There are still a couple people on the 2016 bid waiting their spots, plenty on the 2017 bid as well. And if you do go, there might be a chance of hardshipping to a facility closer to home...not sure if anyone has a clue on that for a prior experience bid

Back
Top Bottom