Largemouth Bass Fishing

Super Salt

???
Staff member
I ♥ pointSixtyFive
Any of you dweebs here into bass fishing, specifically largemouth bass?

If so, let talk fishing and keep this thread on topic for once.

Any luck with spinners? Apparently the largemouth in Virginia are retarded and will barely hit them. Could be I also fish down river from a nuclear power plant.

Any luck with spinners? Apparently the largemouth in Virginia are retarded and will barely hit them. Could be I also fish down river from a nuclear power plant.
What are the weather conditions when you use them? Also water clarity should help you choose the color combinations.

Cloudy weather or colder temperatures with wind have been the conditions I’d throw a spinnerbait. White/Chartreuse skirt is the colors I use; blades are bronze. Reel speed retrieve might be something to look into as well.

I’m out in Florida so the region will play into different techniques.

Shit, given the cold temperatures up there in NY, you probably should be throwing a jerkbait. Again, water clarity determines the color(s) to throw, and if the fish are suspended will dictate the depth of the bait to use.

But like I said, I’ve never fished northward of Virginia so I can’t base what’s worked for me to work in the northern states.

Shit, given the cold temperatures up there in NY, you probably should be throwing a jerkbait. Again, water clarity determines the color(s) to throw, and if the fish are suspended will dictate the depth of the bait to use.

But like I said, I’ve never fished northward of Virginia so I can’t base what’s worked for me to work in the northern states.
Maybe region does play into it. When I lived in Wisconsin I had awesome luck with spinners in almost any weather conditions. The lone exception was super warm days, which we didn’t get too many of. But the bass fishing played second to walleye. I’d do disgusting things to go to town on a Friday night fish fry with a plate full of walleye right now.

I’m actually still in VA waiting for training to start up again so I haven’t even tried fishing NY yet. My go to is jerk (in all facets of life) but I’ve always enjoyed the feel of a spinner and get pissed when these god damn fish won’t hit it. I might try that color combo, though. Don’t have any of those yet

Maybe region does play into it. When I lived in Wisconsin I had awesome luck with spinners in almost any weather conditions. The lone exception was super warm days, which we didn’t get too many of. But the bass fishing played second to walleye. I’d do disgusting things to go to town on a Friday night fish fry with a plate full of walleye right now.

I’m actually still in VA waiting for training to start up again so I haven’t even tried fishing NY yet. My go to is jerk (in all facets of life) but I’ve always enjoyed the feel of a spinner and get pissed when these god damn fish won’t hit it. I might try that color combo, though. Don’t have any of those yet
Most of my success comes from soft plastics (worms, stick, creature baits) as well as hard baits (lipless cranks and diving cranks).

Colors for the plastics vary, but the hard bait colors are gonna either be “Sexy Shad” or “Chartreuse Sexy Shad”. Rod lengths/actions and reel ratio all differ for each setup. It’s an expensive addiction/hobby, no denying that ?

I'm in southwest Michigan and I swear by soft plastics on a dropshot rig. I don't know anyone else who likes that setup, but I have never been skunked using it. I've caught a few trolling with spinners, but it's not nearly as consistent for me

Back
Top Bottom