Medical Medical DQ/Retirement

Looking for advice. Anyone who has been medically retired for depression or medically retired in general, PM me or post whatever relevant below
I’m going to be disqualified because I dont pass their rule-outs for SSRI’s. Frustrated with the FAA in general, I dont even want to take a staff job anymore. I’ll go do something else.
Questions I have are how did the process work for you as far as getting a separation date and when the partial payments kick in?
Probably a lot more but we’ll see what people have to say.

While I do not have personal experience with your particular issue what I can suggest is not to let your disenchant with FAA medical discourage you from taking a staff job. TSP/Health benefits/retirement / M-F schedule outweigh (in my opinion) the problems FAA medical has given you. The retirement alone is a golden ticket, hang tough brother/sister and constantly reevaluate your options before you make a final decision.

While I do not have personal experience with your particular issue what I can suggest is not to let your disenchant with FAA medical discourage you from taking a staff job. TSP/Health benefits/retirement / M-F schedule outweigh (in my opinion) the problems FAA medical has given you. The retirement alone is a golden ticket, hang tough brother/sister and constantly reevaluate your options before you make a final decision.
I didn’t say this in the other thread but I totally agree. Your disenchantment may not last, give it some time. Can’t come back once you quit but if you take the staff job now and hate it you can always quit later.

Back
Top Bottom