External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

Looking for some info on this airport,

Typical day of operations
shift schedule
Training program etc.

I'm a prospective new FAA hire so any info is new info to me!

Thank you

Are you a prior experience new hire? Only reason I ask is because if you got picked up off the general announcement, academy grads won't be offered MYR now that it upgraded from a 7 to an 8. I'll PM you contact info though.

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this, but I thought that I had read acadamy grads could go to level 8s. Maybe I had read wrong but the last time I looked at the terminal placement list I thought I saw some level 8s listed as reserved for academy grads.

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this, but I thought that I had read acadamy grads could go to level 8s. Maybe I had read wrong but the last time I looked at the terminal placement list I thought I saw some level 8s listed as reserved for academy grads.
It's a last resort type of thing. So far only OKC and ICT have been offered to academy students because their staffing got so low for some reason. I don't see MYR reaching that point.

^Like Stinger mentioned and that was around a year ago. The two since then have been SAT and ABQ, but those were reserved for spouses of controllers that were at the academy and were not available to other students. With the current projections for level 8 towers, it won't happen anytime soon (or ever again).

Ah gotcha. I'm waiting on a CIL and was thinking it would be cool to get MYR in a huge off chance to be near family. Oh well.

Realistic just because of facility level or are all those facilities needing new hires? I hadn't really looked too much into locations since the odds of having one of these places on the list at the academy seem so slim.

Be 1 out of the 5 statically to make it through the academy, then worry about where you're going.

Very Curious if there is anyone on here that can give a current update on this facility. Very interested in possibly trying to transfer. Curious about work environment, schedules, training, and traffic (what makes MYR a level 8). Thanks

Back
Top Bottom