NATCA Elections

MJ

Administrator
Staff member
Some of the following posts were moved from another thread, to keep both on topic.

There is no winning with this new setup. Vote the current people in power out during elections in hopes of the new comers changing how things are done (hopefully for the better)?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no winning with this new setup. Vote the current people in power out during elections in hopes of the new comers changing how things are done (hopefully for the better)?
Correct. The only way to get change is to vote these assholes out. Power is what they cling to and when it is threatened they will do everything to keep it. Why else would you eliminate the impeachment clause? I for one will not be voting for Pocket Lining Paul or any of his "yes man" surrogates in the upcoming elections. We must spread the word, I'm afraid most are apathetic to the elections.

I'm afraid most are apathetic to the elections.
True. But this can work in your favor, because it wouldn't take a lot of votes to win. I've done estimates for the the region I'm in, and it's only a couple hundred votes.

Not sure if I should make anew thread for this or continue off topic in this thread...

When is the last time someone ran against Paul and Trish?

Can anyone run? Or is there some sort of hierarchy where you have to be a facility rep, or RVP, or something?

Correct. The only way to get change is to vote these assholes out. Power is what they cling to and when it is threatened they will do everything to keep it. Why else would you eliminate the impeachment clause? I for one will not be voting for Pocket Lining Paul or any of his "yes man" surrogates in the upcoming elections. We must spread the word, I'm afraid most are apathetic to the elections.

we have to keep paying dues to contribute to these huge benders these guys have at national events where free alcohol flows like water!

Hey now, let us not be bashing the free alcohol... Everything else is fair game.

Article VII: Nomination and Election of Officers
Section 1. The President, the Executive Vice President, and the Regional Vice Presidents shall be elected once every
three (3) years by a secret ballot vote. All active members in good standing shall be eligible to vote for the President and the
Executive Vice President, and all active members in good standing of each respective region shall be eligible to vote for the
Regional Vice President of that region. The candidates for each office receiving a majority of the eligible votes actually cast
shall be declared the winning candidate. In the event no candidate receives a majority of the votes cast, a runoff election
will be held between the two candidates receiving the most votes.

Section 2. To have his or her name placed on the ballot, a candidate for National Office must be nominated by an active
member in good standing and must accept the nomination. Nominations must be in writing and must be delivered via
certified mail to: National Election Committee at the Association’s headquarters. All candidates for office must be active
members in good standing for at least one year prior to the close of nominations.

Section 3. The National Election Committee shall designate the dates for nominations, acceptance of nominations and
for the distribution and tabulation of ballots, and shall so notify the membership in a timely manner. The last date for
acceptance for nominations shall be at least thirty (30) days before the distribution of the ballots. The last date for receiving
and tabulating of ballots shall be at least thirty (30) days after the ballots are distributed.

Section 4. The President shall appoint a five person National Election Committee at least one year prior to the close of
nominations. Members of the National Election Committee shall be active members in good standing, but no candidate
for office may serve as a member of the National Election Committee. The National Election Committee shall oversee the
tabulation of all valid ballots. Only the ballots of active members in good standing shall be counted. After tabulating the
ballots, the National Election Committee shall announce the winning candidates.

Section 5. Newly-elected officers shall commence their term of office thirty (30) days after certification of the results of
the election.

Section 6. A National Officer may serve an unlimited amount of terms in the same office.

Section 7.
National/Local Election Protests. Any active member in good standing may file an election protest provided
all of the following conditions are met:
a. The protesting member must have been eligible to participate in the protested election at the time of the incident
giving rise to the protest; and
b. A written protest is filed with the National Election Committee through NATCA’s General Counsel; and
c. In order to be timely, a protest must be received no later than 15 days subsequent to the election date stipulated in
the election rules, and within 30 days of the incident giving rise to the protest.

Upon receipt of an election protest, the National Election Committee shall notify all candidates involved in the protested
election and, in the case of a local election, the local Election Committee and the Local President of the protest and the
nature of the charges. At the request of a member in good standing, the National Election Committee shall provide a full
and complete copy of the filed protest to the requesting member.
If the protest claims an illegal denial of the right to vote, which is found to be valid by the National Election Committee,
the National Election Committee shall permit such member to cast a vote on such terms as may be practical if prior to
the close of the election. In the event the protest is found to be invalid, the National Election Committee shall dismiss the
protest and so inform the protesting member via certified mail on the day of dismissal.
The National Election Committee shall verify that the member has followed the required protest procedures, review the
allegations raised in the protest, and conduct a thorough investigation, including, but not limited to, interviewing all parties
involved. If the allegation does not constitute an election irregularity, the National Election Committee need not pursue
the allegation further. After all allegations have been reviewed and the facts determined, the National Election Committee
shall, within 7 days, recommend to the National Executive Board what action is appropriate under Department of Labor
guidelines.

Within 15 days, the National Executive Board shall meet, via teleconference if desired, to decide on the challenge. The
National Executive Board, through NATCA’s General Counsel, shall notify the protesting member and affected candidates
of the decision in writing. The General Counsel shall advise the protesting member of the basis for the decision.
If, because of a timely protest, an election is found to be invalid, all members in good standing who were eligible to
participate in the election shall be notified within 15 days by the National Executive Board, through NATCA’s General
Counsel, of the decision to invalidate the election.

Section 8. Any member seeking election to a union office or position may not accept nomination or run for more than one
elected position during any single election.

Section 9. Write-in votes will not be permitted in any NATCA election.

Section 10. Local elections shall be determined by a plurality of eligible votes cast unless the Local’s constitution expressly
requires candidates to be elected by a majority of eligible votes cast.

If any viable candidate comes forward that is willing to change some of the crap within NATCA I would gladly support them. I think implementing a system like this that has such a big impact on your membership without so much as a vote is a load of crap. What separates this from the imposed work rules(white book)? I think the outrage won't be fully understood until new leadership is voted in or large numbers of people exit the union.

Can we nominate you?
Me? I don't quite meet the requirements at this time :) Even if I could, I don't think I would be very good at it right now; at this point in my life I don't have the desire take that job on.

If any viable candidate comes forward that is willing to change some of the crap within NATCA I would gladly support them. I think implementing a system like this that has such a big impact on your membership without so much as a vote is a load of crap. What separates this from the imposed work rules(white book)? I think the outrage won't be fully understood until new leadership is voted in or large numbers of people exit the union.
I've said before, I'd help anyone who was willing in whatever way I can. I think we have a candidate for ASW (lebovidge) region, but we'll have to see how it goes in another 6 months or so.

Does anyone know when the national election date is? And at what point do we start having candidates come to facilities to ask us our hearts desires?

Back
Top Bottom