Payroll Tax Executive Order

Anybody know if they are taxing out the taxes now for the deferment?
Remarks section of the PP11 LES says “Your net pay may include a collection for OASDI tax deferral repayment; although, you will not see it reflected in deductions.” Glad I’m not dealing with this. Makes it seem like your check will just be light and there’s no line item to show the amount I guess?

Remarks section of the PP11 LES says “Your net pay may include a collection for OASDI tax deferral repayment; although, you will not see it reflected in deductions.” Glad I’m not dealing with this. Makes it seem like your check will just be light and there’s no line item to show the amount I guess?
Yes. We have to pay back trumps Loan that no one asked for. That was to help people that still had jobs

This is such bullshit, I can't believe they just throw that shit on there. It leave everyone in the dark, do you really trust the FAA and OPM to do it right? I know some people who were right on the cusp of the cut-off for the deferral last year. SO depending on differentials, OT, etc....., they got deferred some weeks and some weeks not. It would be extremely complicated for someone to try to audit that themselves to try to make sure it was done right.

This is such bullshit, I can't believe they just throw that shit on there. It leave everyone in the dark, do you really trust the FAA and OPM to do it right? I know some people who were right on the cusp of the cut-off for the deferral last year. SO depending on differentials, OT, etc....., they got deferred some weeks and some weeks not. It would be extremely complicated for someone to try to audit that themselves to try to make sure it was done right.
It was crazy we weren’t given the opportunity to opt out last year

YOUR NET PAY INCLUDES DEFERRED OASDI TAX AMOUNT; ALTHOUGH, YOU WILL SEE IT REFLECTED IN DEDUCTIONS

Did it say you will or will not see it reflected in deductions? This whole year mine has said that, except it says "YOU WILL NOT SEE IT."

I just got this message for the first time on my most recent LES (PP17):

YOUR NET PAY MAY INCLUDE A COLLECTION FOR OASDI TAX DEFERRAL REPAYMENT REFLECTED IN DEDUCTIONS.

And indeed I do see it reflected in deductions. Only took them eight months to figure that one out. Top-notch work, guys.

Did it say you will or will not see it reflected in deductions? This whole year mine has said that, except it says "YOU WILL NOT SEE IT."

I just got this message for the first time on my most recent LES (PP17):

And indeed I do see it reflected in deductions. Only took them eight months to figure that one out. Top-notch work, guys.
I see it now too. In what universe was this ever even close to sounding like a good idea? So dumb lol.

Well it was Trump's bribe to Federal workers... "Vote for me and I'll make it so you don't have to repay this tax." So, yeah, "dumb" about sums it up.
Yeah which was weird. I’d bet the federal workforce was pretty polarized on him. If you weren’t already a trumper as a federal worker you probably didn’t like him very much.

Back
Top Bottom