Facility Level History​

Old LevelNew LevelEffective Date
65??/??/2023
56??/??/20??

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

I know someone there. I don’t know if he’s on here but I can reach out if you have questions. My contract tower was in their airspace so I’m a little familiar also
I appreciate it. Just wanted to confirm that their radar is being consolidated to GEG? Will they become just an FAA tower only or be contracted out? What's the likelihood of people being sent to GEG from there?

I appreciate it. Just wanted to confirm that their radar is being consolidated to GEG? Will they become just an FAA tower only or be contracted out? What's the likelihood of people being sent to GEG from there?
I can't confirm the consolidation but if they are losing their radar they won't be automatically contracted out. I don't believe the FAA has plans for contracting out any FAA towers at the moment.

Edit to add:
I don't think the FAA has made any official plans to contract out a tower, that doesn't mean they aren't working on stuff behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Apparently you don't completely believe me when I told you that they are being consolidated, but can't really blame you cause it's the internet. Here's a thread talking about the consolidation. Serious - Contracting out low-level towers

Like I said your best bet to figure out how specifics will be handled would be to reach out to someone there, or find someone on here from there. I highly doubt anyone outside outside facility knows much about details other than "yeah its getting consolidated". If you want I can get you a number for the tower as I also worked a tower under their airspace.

Apparently you don't completely believe me when I told you that they are being consolidated, but can't really blame you cause it's the internet. Here's a thread talking about the consolidation. Serious - Contracting out low-level towers

Like I said your best bet to figure out how specifics will be handled would be to reach out to someone there, or find someone on here from there. I highly doubt anyone outside outside facility knows much about details other than "yeah its getting consolidated". If you want I can get you a number for the tower as I also worked a tower under their airspace.
No I believe you, trust but verify am I right?
And that's what I was trying to do, Mr. Mack says he knows someone there and will ask those questions.

I can't confirm the consolidation but if they are losing their radar they won't be automatically contracted out. I don't believe the FAA has plans for contracting out any FAA towers at the moment.

Edit to add:
I don't think the FAA has made any official plans to contract out a tower, that doesn't mean they aren't working on stuff behind the scenes.
Yes, they were recommended for consolidation to Spokane when I left a few years ago. I think it still may be a couple of years away from actually happening

Edit: I’ll reach out and get a firm answer

Yes, they were recommended for consolidation to Spokane when I left a few years ago. I think it still may be a couple of years away from actually happening

Edit: I’ll reach out and get a firm answer
They are currently in the process of consolidating to Spokane. The current plan is to have PSC and YKM radar at GEG by Oct 2022. It keeps getting pushed back, mainly due to covid. Not sure what that means for PSC though

Back
Top Bottom