Salary Calculator

123ATC

Hey everyone,

I just made a webpage that will calculate the salary table for any FAA ATC facility. View it here: Air Traffic Controller Salaries. I think many of you will find it useful and/or interesting to browse. It factors in basic pay, locality, and any extras such as CIP, COLA, and differentials.

I also ended up making some facility lists that are interesting to play with here: Air Traffic Control Facilities. They provide a quick overview of the current stats for each type of facility. It could be very useful if you have to make a facility selection any time soon.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for improvement!

Needs a little work, some numbers are incorrect with regard to total salary when factoring in CIP

Also, CIP should be broken out and isn’t calculated correctly in salary, and runs out often before final pay period due to budget constraints.

Without being able to see the formulas, it might be because you are computing CIP incorrectly. CIP should be off basic pay.

For ZNY and ZOA, the max CIP would be 14,767 + 189,600 which would be less then the max you have... you do 189,600 and add 18,960....

Good first try.

Last edited:
You have holidays at 100% of pay and OT at 50% of pay. OT needs to be adjusted to 150% as it is an additional shift and not part of your assigned 40 hour work week.

Does the hourly wage include CIP already calculated in or is that base pay hourly wage? If not I'm apparently being shorted $6/hr lol

Great job on the website. Very easy to read and navigate.
Great tool. Thanks for all the work.

Thanks!

Without being able to see the formulas, it might be because you are computing CIP incorrectly. CIP should be off basic pay.

I have fixed this. Thanks for the feedback!

You have holidays at 100% of pay and OT at 50% of pay. OT needs to be adjusted to 150% as it is an additional shift and not part of your assigned 40 hour work week.
It shows +100% for holidays and +50% for OT as premium amounts. This still makes the most sense to me. Listing OT as +150% would imply you're earning 2.5x wages. I guess I could list them all as 2.0x, 1.5x, 1.25x, etc., but that's really just a matter of style.

Does the hourly wage include CIP already calculated in or is that base pay hourly wage? If not I'm apparently being shorted $6/hr lol
The hourly wages included everything (except premium pay). The hourly amounts are just the salaries divided by 2087 hours. Some of the amounts have shifted slightly because I updated how CIP is calculated.

Last edited:
what they are saying for OT as 150 instead of 50 is going to be based on your view...
if you make 10 dollars an hour, on overtime you will be making 15 dollars an hour, a 50 percent increase, but it is also hours you would not normally work, therefore wouldn't be earning the original 10 bucks an hour.

Anyone know how I can tell my exact base pay as of today? I know I could do some math off the salary listed on my employee express pay stub, but is it listed anywhere else? EOPF?

Anyone know how I can tell my exact base pay as of today? I know I could do some math off the salary listed on my employee express pay stub, but is it listed anywhere else? EOPF?
Should be eOPF, most recent the SF-50 I believe.

It's literally listed on your paystub (includes locality)

Where did you get the information for each of the center’s time to CPC and pass rates? I thought Oakland was much longer than ~2.22 years to CPC.

Some centers' training time can be tough to really dissect properly because they don't differentiate between areas or between types of trainees like new hires, terminal radar cpc-it, terminal tower only cpc-it, or other center transfers. I'm sure the centers themselves might have more detailed numbers but its not in the PPT. Similar issues analyzing for some other facility types too.

Back
Top Bottom