STARS DATA Blocks won't turn green.

BooksmartATC

Lurker
Terminal STARS issue:
While working traffic my data blocks are white. After I hand off the traffic to the next sector, I left click, and the data block turns green.
However, I've recently discovered that when I hand off to Center, my left click does NOT change data block green.
I also discovered that it is only on one of my "pref sets" that I have this issue. So, I know it is in my settings, but I don't know what I need to change in my pref sets to correct this.

yeah ill get right on that

This is for support with the site...
Season 4 Whatever GIF by The Office

Last edited:
Same. Seems STARS doesn't recognize center and other TRACON tags as a different tag and just assigns it a different position symbol as mask of your own actual track.

You can actually still modify that center tag after its accepted. You can stoll modify all blocks, callsigns, IFR/VFR, auto pointout function still works, you can actually hand it off within your own facility as if its still on your symbol (without using the Handoff OK function). It will then still flash to the sector and when they accept it, it will turn into thay position symbol for about 10 seconds and then revert to the C symbol again.

Odd behavior for sure. Do you know what stars build your facility is on? The builds are identified by R then a number. Also, do you know if your facility is a stars key sight?

It sounds like this is a new problem which leads me to believe that you are on a new stars build or have had a bunch of new routes and fix pairs added which needs adjusted.

What facility?

I would suggest the next time this happens hit multi func ZP and click on the track. This will give an entire report to your OSF which will help them identify the problem. This will also require you to contact your OSF to know why they received the report

ERAM>STARS, change my mind.
I have never used ERAM so I can't speak to that however, keep in mind that STARS wasn't designed for combined/consolidated TRACONs. The biggest issue with STARS/ERAM is that STARS almost acts as a slave to ERAM. ERAM is in charge. In a perfect world, consolidated TRACONs would have their own system that was independent from but worked with the overlaying ERAM. Also, how are we still using and FDIO?

AW

Did you happen to save that pref setting from a different scope in your facility?

I’ve encountered that same issue in the past due to saving the pref setting from a different scope. I deleted the pref set and saved it as a new setting while working the scope associated with the actual position, I was able to change the data blocks green once center took the handoff.

There is probably an easier way and/or STARS entry that will allow you to change the center tags to green but I’m not sure what it’d be.

Back
Top Bottom