STARS Tips/Tricks

CF

Legendary Member
I ♥ pointSixtyFive
If you accidentally type something random into the fix or ac type part of the data block and can’t remember what it was before you can type what’s currently in the data block that’s wrong and slew + enter it will go back to what it was before you changed it.

example say if you tried to hand off to S sector and you hit S twice and it replaced the fix with SS you can just type SS again and slew + enter and it’ll go back to what it was before your mistake.

Squawk VFR

I have a question. You flash an a/c to another sector. You try to take the flash back but the other sector takes the flash as you click the a/c. IF appears in the scratchpad. (Other sector has control of the a/c). How can you drop the tag so it's no longer on the scope?

Anyone have luck with imputing a VFR flight plan in to the NAS from STARS when a pop up calls up? What I mean is when ever the A/C calls up I try to input the FP as off of the XXX270030 (or wherever it is) going to ABC. I usually get a format error. However when I just put the arrival airport only the FP defaults that the A/C departed from our primary airport. I guess not that big of a deal considering it’s VFR but would like to know if I’m doing something wrong.

Termine

Trusted Contributor
Anyone have luck with imputing a VFR flight plan in to the NAS from STARS when a pop up calls up? What I mean is when ever the A/C calls up I try to input the FP as off of the XXX270030 (or wherever it is) going to ABC. I usually get a format error. However when I just put the arrival airport only the FP defaults that the A/C departed from our primary airport. I guess not that big of a deal considering it’s VFR but would like to know if I’m doing something wrong.
I dunno if you can use a radial/DME off a fix. Just pick a nearby airport or VOR YYY, and where you would put just XXX for the destination do YYY*XXX.

sizziano

Trusted Contributor
I dunno if you can use a radial/DME off a fix. Just pick a nearby airport or VOR YYY, and where you would put just XXX for the destination do YYY*XXX.
Yup this is the best way to do it. Just make sure the straight line from the "departure" airport to the destination goes straight into the appropriate sector so you don't have amend the route.

GulfBravoPapa

Forum Sage
Its like drawing an X on the strip... ACID, route (departure airport, arrival airport), type, altitude

tink

*F then slew enter enter (double click) to get the nearest fix.
To change the callsign (tagged up and owned by you): *N12345 slew enter. Instead of MultiFunc Mod.
To give a current track a new IFR beacon code: MultiFunc, Mod, +, slew enter. For VFR same thing, except the / VFR key.
the change a callsign one is only if it's been adapted to do that. At my new facility that doesn't work. I have to do the whole MF, MOD, Nxxxxx :(

Top Bottom