TBI / Medical Conditions

babomoony

Hey all so I'm looking into applying for the next experienced bid but had a few questions regarding the medical portion.

The two main medical conditions I'm concerned about is TBI (traumatic brain injury) sustained during a deployment overseas but with no LOC (loss of consciousness) and no further treatment needed. The other being Irritable Bowel Syndrome that is controlled. Both of which are documented via VA disability.

What should I expect in terms of the application process? Would these be grounds for medical disqualifications?

Thanks in advance!

Be ready to jump through hoops for the TBI, the IBS isn’t an issue. Recommend you see a flight surgeon for a Class 2 just to get an idea of what they will want in the form of paperwork explaining both of these.

If you no longer need treatment for the TBI and the IBS is controlled why are you still collecting disability payments for them?
Not really helpful but just to inform you these two are one of many other issues but these two are of concern for future employment. Also VA disability isn't just about payment (you don't get paid for everything) it establishes a history to receive treatment if an accident or flare up related to the accident should occur.

Last edited:
Hey all so I'm looking into applying for the next experienced bid but had a few questions regarding the medical portion.

The two main medical conditions I'm concerned about is TBI (traumatic brain injury) sustained during a deployment overseas but with no LOC (loss of consciousness) and no further treatment needed. The other being Irritable Bowel Syndrome that is controlled. Both of which are documented via VA disability.

What should I expect in terms of the application process? Would these be grounds for medical disqualifications?

Thanks in advance!
Document everything on your flight physical application, if you have va ratings the medical hr rep will ask you for you final decision letters anyways. If medical is concerned about any of your conditions they will send you a current condition status sheet to give to your primary care provider just to check if it's stable and doesn't require further care. Keep in mind though every persons hiring experience is different. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom