Telcon about consolidation

mcdeavic

FAA
Facility
MLU Monroe Tower
Did anyone hear about the consolidation of GGG, FSM, MLU, LIT, and potentially SHV into MEM Tracon. The telcon was suppose to be today at 1 PM. Our management at MLU are keeping stuff secret and say its bullshit because they dont want to leave MLU aka gods country

That's a lot of real estate to cover in a consolidated tracon...
I could see LIT/FSM easily consolidating.
GGG, SHV, and MLU easily consolidating.
LFT, BTR, and MSY easily consolidating.
MEM and M03 need to reconsolidate.

My two cents.

Does not make sense to consolidate FSM into LIT or M03 because it is closer to TUL. And I believe FSM also works FYV, which borders SGF.

GGG and MLU consolidating to SHV makes sense.

Would consider consolidating MOB and P31; GPT to MSY; and BTR and LCH to LFT; or some combination of those seven facilities. For example, P31 and GPT to MOB; BTR and LFT to MSY; and LCH to I90.

You could actually perform quite a few consolidations across the NAS. I have been working on a map. Maybe this thread will help to motivate me to finish it.

There is room here at M03 for a few more scopes but idk about all of those facilities, that would require a few walls being blown out. I've always heard LIT and FSM being in the long term plan but nothing more than that. There have been rumors about wanting to recombine the tower and TRACON. The only reason it split in first place was because of staffing and they saw it as a fix to their problems. It has instead soured the relationship between tower and TRACON. The staffing issue is fixed and to be honest it's just now an excuse to put more people in office jobs. It will be interesting to see what happens, it sounds like privatization has rattled some of the upper FAA bureaucracy.

Last edited:
Did anyone hear about the consolidation of GGG, FSM, MLU, LIT, and potentially SHV into MEM Tracon. The telcon was suppose to be today at 1 PM. Our management at MLU are keeping stuff secret and say its bullshit because they dont want to leave MLU aka gods country
But no I have not heard that but I will ask around.

Let me tell you as someone who is currently at a facility getting consolidated. Even if this gets "approved," it will be years... And I mean YEARS before things actually start happening. There are so many hoops that have to be jumped through.

Back
Top Bottom