TOL question

RH316

Trusted Contributor
just signed my TOL, and sent it back. Any idea on length of time it takes for background, drug test, etc. until I'm likely to be given a date for OKC?

breakaway- accurate. It really depends. My "standard" advice for these things is just chill and relax until you get to OKC. You'll have plenty of time to worry once you get to OKC.

Could this hiring freeze reduce the workload for regional flight surgeons? I don't know who exactly they see or what exactly they oversee in relation to this hiring freeze? But there has been a handful of people from the august 2016 bid who already have class dates. The ones that have class dates already are from the very first wave of tols on Jan. 13 when there was only a few hundred tols out though.

Flight surgeons don't just do new academy hire paperwork. They handle all the current controllers, pilots, prior experience new hires, etc. Impossible to say how fast it will go. Those that got cleared already have been ridiculously fast. It took 6 months for my medical to make it through(took it last may) . Do what others are saying, continue on with life, and it will happen when it happens.

definitely no rush here. I would honestly like to go anytime after August so I can get my anniversary checks and then cash in my vacation days right before the academy. I was just wondering if the flight surgeons work load has decreased since the freeze

just signed my TOL, and sent it back. Any idea on length of time it takes for background, drug test, etc. until I'm likely to be given a date for OKC?

Depends, if you get Tier 2 it could take a while, if you don't get Tier 2, etc. There are a lot of outside variables. I can't remember if they still do it the same way but when we were given the TOL it gave us a time period window to expect an academy date (don't know if they still do that or not) I received my TOL - July 2016 - and my academy class date was - MAY 2016 - My TOL I was assigned Terminal but on my FOL I was assigned EnRoute.

Last edited:
Must've sucked finding out you already missed your class date.

Sorry I forgot to add, my TOL that I received in July of 2015 said to expect a class date between April-June of 2016 so I hit my target, with my class date in May of 2016. I was upset to be switched from Terminal to EnRoute but it worked out for the better in hindsight I guess.

Sorry I forgot to add, my TOL that I received in July of 2015 said to expect a class date between April-June of 2016 so I hit my target, with my class date in May of 2016. I was upset to be switched from Terminal to EnRoute but it worked out for the better in hindsight I guess.
I figured you meant 2015, was just busting your balls because you put the wrong year before.

Tell me I'm dreaming. They actually switched you!?!! You didn't request a switch? I'd love to be enroute. Did they give you a reason as to why? I'm praying your situation happens to me. I received A Terminal TOL and asked to switch but the answer was no. I'm proceeding with the clearances hoping that I get switched once people start washing out, but I knew it was a slim chance. Your post just gave me life, sir!

Tell me I'm dreaming. They actually switched you!?!! You didn't request a switch? I'd love to be enroute. Did they give you a reason as to why? I'm praying your situation happens to me. I received A Terminal TOL and asked to switch but the answer was no. I'm proceeding with the clearances hoping that I get switched once people start washing out, but I knew it was a slim chance. Your post just gave me life, sir!
Yeah they switched me, I was initially really upset about it because I wanted terminal but worked out for the better. I called when I received my FOL and asked to be switched back to Terminal and they said "do you want the job or not" so I took it and ran. No idea why my they switched me.

Back
Top Bottom