Transfer Pay

TheD.A.T.

Lurker
If you transfer to a higher facility when you check out, do you go to the bottom of the pay band? Example say someone is halfway through the lvl 9 band making 120k, they transfer to an 11 and check out and go the bottom of the band at 125k? Do you lose all your 1.6% June raises transferring to a higher facility? Obviously there is the benefit of a higher pay band cap, but if your stuck at lvl 8-10 for a long time due to staffing, the pay raise is not much going to the 11-12s.

No... say you go to a level 12 with good locality and bottom of payband is 150k. So the difference in your current pay (120k) and 150k is 30k. you would get half the raise (15k) when you transfer and the other half when you certify at new facility

At the time you move you get whatever is greater. 6% or bottom of the band. If 120k and 125k are the example they will get 6%. Break that into two lump sums. And plan on getting that. You DO NOT lose the 1.6% June pay raise. When you certify you will get the half on the go dollar amount added on.

Transferred from an 8 to an 11 and the bottom of the pay band was bigger. But with two June raises while in training I was about 4K over the bottom of the pay band when I certified.

In a way, the June raises you’ve accumulated over the years ARE wiped out. If you and someone else newly certified at the 9 both go to an 11, upon checkout you’ll both be at the bottom of the 11 band. (Unless 6% is greater in which you’ll make slightly more.)

You don’t get to move to the middle of the 11 band because you were in the middle of the 9.

If you transfer to a higher facility when you check out, do you go to the bottom of the pay band? Example say someone is halfway through the lvl 9 band making 120k, they transfer to an 11 and check out and go the bottom of the band at 125k? Do you lose all your 1.6% June raises transferring to a higher facility? Obviously there is the benefit of a higher pay band cap, but if your stuck at lvl 8-10 for a long time due to staffing, the pay raise is not much going to the 11-12s.

You're not going to go to the middle of the band of your higher level facility as if you had been there for 10 years if that is what you are asking.

If you’re making $80,000 now and the bottom of the new facility is $120,000, you get a 20k raise now and another 20k when you certify. So in training you make $100,000 and get the June raise, so $101,600. When you check out you now make $121,600.

Are you saying .8% is applied to your CPC salary?
Negative. The half on the go from the transfer. So you should be at least 1.6% above the new pay band bottom.

It’s easier to think of the raises as two lump sums as apposed to two 50% on the go’s if that makes sense.

Negative. The half on the go from the transfer. So you should be at least 1.6% above the new pay band bottom.

It’s easier to think of the raises as two lump sums as apposed to two 50% on the go’s if that makes sense.
You wouldn’t be 1.6% above the band minimum, you’d be slightly under 1.6%. Your first “lump sum” raise is affected by the 1.6% raise in June while you are in training, but the second one that you get upon fully certifying is not affected by June raises while still in training. Adding those two up would be slightly less than 1.6% over the CPC band minimum.

I could be wrong though, but that’s how I read the language in the slate book.

It's in the contract. And it's based off basic pay with no locality. so 9 to 11 would be 4% the day you arrive and 4% at checkout. They do locality at the end so for example if you're going from IAD(9) to LAS(11) you'd get an 8% basic raise and take a substantial pay cut.
The dollar amount will be in the TOL and you can see the Basic numbers in your eOPF. You also can get raises at your current salary while you're awaiting release. Look at your SF50 when you get to your new facility and the basic dollar amount increase will be what you get again when you checkout. Then add your locality to see what your base salary will be.

Last edited:
In a way, the June raises you’ve accumulated over the years ARE wiped out. If you and someone else newly certified at the 9 both go to an 11, upon checkout you’ll both be at the bottom of the 11 band. (Unless 6% is greater in which you’ll make slightly more.)

You don’t get to move to the middle of the 11 band because you were in the middle of the 9.

Thanks this is what I was asking. Not the obvious 50% on the go and 50% at checkout.

If there is the 27k PCS money, do you get that prior to transfer or after you report? I’m being told mixed things but the CBA makes it sound like you’re supposed to get it no later than 30 days prior to transfer date.

The situation I am in currently is I got my half on the go from a level 5 to a 12 artcc and have been getting the contractual/presidential raises as I go. Even with that being said when I certify soon I will likely go to the bottom of the band I’m thinking. Myself and other like me from 5-7 level facilities have done the math based upon the lump sums listed in our eOPF and we figure we will go to the bottom of the band because when you add if all up our other “half” is actual under the bottom of the band. The reason we figure this happened is when we get the raises that bring up the bottom of the band it surpasses smaller more frequent raises we get on our current smaller salary. For instance when I first transferred a 12 base was like 134k and now it is just over 139k for my locality. My pay has gone up since I have been here but ultimately when we back out the locally, add on the raise, times out the new locality difference, add that back in, results are just under the bottom of band. Hopefully that makes sense how the band raises will eventually swallow up my current salary raises while in training. Maybe if you transfer from a higher level facility your current salary plus raises along the way would surpass the bottom of the band raising because you would be getting more money than I every raise along the way or if you have a very quick time to checkout. If we didn’t get any presidential raises the last couple years (that raise bands) my pay would have been slightly higher than the band was on my initial offer. My math or reasoning could be wrong but that’s what I’m anticipating for my situation.

Last edited:
If there is the 27k PCS money, do you get that prior to transfer or after you report? I’m being told mixed things but the CBA makes it sound like you’re supposed to get it no later than 30 days prior to transfer date.

Note that you only get that for PCS bids, not ERRs. Such as N90, C90, some support/management bids.

The short answer is it depends on when you transfer. If it's near the end of the fiscal year you might have to wait a little bit because they can't issue more PCS benefits until the previous years finances are reconciled which can sometimes take a month. Also if you have a very short release date, it can take some time to get that in order.

Generally though, you get it pretty quickly after you submit it. I think you're eligible to submit within 90 days of your report date and you have to have a new address listed on the paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom