transfer to high level tracon

the inquirer

Trusted Contributor
What's the process when someone transfers to a high level tracon? Do they send you to OKC for training? or do they have sims and do all training on the spot like centers?

Transfer from lvl 9 and below will go to OKC for TSEW (TRACON skill enhancement workshop).

Last edited:
What's the process when someone transfers to a high level tracon? Do they send you to OKC for training? or do they have sims and do all training on the spot like centers?
You go to OKC for TSEW if you came from a 9 or below. Not sure if it is mandatory or not. I think it depends on the facility.
TSEW is basically an advanced TRACON class.

Depending on your experience you may have to do RTF in addition to TSEW. RTF is mandatory but as far as I'm aware TSEW will depend on the facility's training order.

I mean...at least it's contained...could be a lower level towers training department pictured below:
Is this a “small towers don’t have training departments” joke? Just making sure it’s not me that the picture isn’t loading for lol.

Are they not doing TETRA anymore?

If you are coming to a Hugh level tracon without radar experience (ugh!) you will go to RTF and TSEW. If you have radar experience you will just go to TSEW apparently. There used to be a course called TETRA for Ten Eleven Twelve Radar (Assessment?) but nobody on this thread has mentioned it.

Once you get to the facility you will go to localized classes and sims as well.

If you are coming to a Hugh level tracon without radar experience (ugh!) you will go to RTF and TSEW. If you have radar experience you will just go to TSEW apparently. There used to be a course called TETRA for Ten Eleven Twelve Radar (Assessment?) but nobody on this thread has mentioned it.

Thought they only had TETRA for N90 and maybe a one or two other places, if that?

I remember them saying there was a TETRA class graduating the same day I did when I was choosing my facility in February

Back
Top Bottom