When does your age freeze?

Dingalings69

Hi everyone,

I'm currently active duty Navy and will be separating November 2020. I've noticed that bids are usually posted June/Julyish and as such I'll be required to submit a DD 214 within 120 days of the bid being posted. So unless a bid is posted late July I wouldn't be able to submit the 214 within the allotted timeframes. I am going to try and move my separation date a little bit to nip this issue in the bud, but if I'm unable to do so this leads me to my question:

I'll be turning 31 in August 2021 and given that bids post June/Julyish does my age freeze when the bid closes or does it close upon receipt of a TOL or at some other time? ATC is something that I really want to pursue but I can have between 0 and 2 attempts at a bid depending on these circumstances.

Please advise, thank you!

Nope :( saw that tidbit. Looked at the structure and types of questions for the AT-SA and it seems like fun lol, hopefully I'll be able to get there.
If you really want to do ATC with the FAA maybe you can cross train into ATC with the Navy and then your age will go up to 35.

if hes 31 by the time he could get a TOL timeline would be incredibly tight for cross rating. To get the 52 weeks of experience post qualification with cross rating and A school would be rough

If you really want to do ATC with the FAA maybe you can cross train into ATC with the Navy and then your age will go up to 35.
Haha yeah nah I'm too high ranking to switch and my community is undermanned so they definitely won't let me switch.

I'm gonna have to bank on the bids for 2020 and 2021 ?

Haha yeah nah I'm too high ranking to switch and my community is undermanned so they definitely won't let me switch.

I'm gonna have to bank on the bids for 2020 and 2021 ?
Idk how long the AF or AF reserve would require from you if you decided to “cross over into the blue” but it’s worth asking a recruiter. Either way good luck to you!

Idk how long the AF or AF reserve would require from you if you decided to “cross over into the blue” but it’s worth asking a recruiter. Either way good luck to you!
Not a bad suggestion. Whatever enlistment they require, he’d only be active for tech school and OJT. Getting the 52 weeks post CTO would become the problem

Hi everyone,

I'm currently active duty Navy and will be separating November 2020. I've noticed that bids are usually posted June/Julyish and as such I'll be required to submit a DD 214 within 120 days of the bid being posted. So unless a bid is posted late July I wouldn't be able to submit the 214 within the allotted timeframes. I am going to try and move my separation date a little bit to nip this issue in the bud, but if I'm unable to do so this leads me to my question:

I'll be turning 31 in August 2021 and given that bids post June/Julyish does my age freeze when the bid closes or does it close upon receipt of a TOL or at some other time? ATC is something that I really want to pursue but I can have between 0 and 2 attempts at a bid depending on these circumstances.

Please advise, thank you!

It used to freeze once you received your TOL, but I believe it now freezes when the bid closes.

Not a bad suggestion. Whatever enlistment they require, he’d only be active for tech school and OJT. Getting the 52 weeks post CTO would become the problem
He can probably try go contracting for a year. Or idk if the Michigan Active Guard controller gig I’ve seen posted on here and SM would select him without any experience.

Yea
He can probably try go contracting for a year. Or idk if the Michigan Active Guard controller gig I’ve seen posted on here and SM would select him without any experience.
Yea but the contractors look for the post CTO experience also. Not saying it can’t be done but they’re going to ask about it

At the moment it’s when the bid closes.
I’ll be 31 around thanksgiving & i just took the ATSA a few weeks ago. I don’t think they would waste money on the ATSA if they knew I couldn’t make the age cut off.
Say there’s another bid. As long as it closes before ur 31st birthday.
Someone ive talked to was in OKC at 33

Back
Top Bottom