En Route 04/03/2020 Enroute

Well it’s official. Our class is being postponed until further notice. We are given the option of being on paid leave through the FAA or keeping your current job. Dual employment unfortunately is not allowed.

I just got off the phone with LM and got the same offer. Unfortunately, I already left my job. I'm taking her offer to start the virtual on-boarding process so I can get paid while I currently have no job. I asked her if that means I won't get paid during academy or something, she said no and it's just to help smooth out this transition period.

Well it’s official. Our class is being postponed until further notice. We are given the option of being on paid leave through the FAA or keeping your current job. Dual employment unfortunately is not allowed.
I just got off the phone with LM and got the same offer. Unfortunately, I already left my job. I'm taking her offer to start the virtual on-boarding process so I can get paid while I currently have no job. I asked her if that means I won't get paid during academy or something, she said no and it's just to help smooth out this transition period.
How much leave are you being paid/when does it run out?

" The Academy will be shipping you an iPad in the near future for you to access training material to begin virtual/online Basics training." I guess they're trying to finish basics before we physically get to OKC

" The Academy will be shipping you an iPad in the near future for you to access training material to begin virtual/online Basics training." I guess they're trying to finish basics before we physically get to OKC
This going to be pass fail? Tread carefully.

Best of luck to you all who chose the online option. Hopefully I will see you all down the road.
If you choose not to do the online option, do you get pushed to another class date, or are you changed from enroute to terminal (vice versa)?

The bid in January already got class dates?
We're all from the 2019 bid I believe

I saw that. I would've preferred a classroom setting since self studying is not my strong point.

If you choose not to do the online option, do you get pushed to another class date, or are you changed from enroute to terminal (vice versa)?

There wasn't a choice in the matter. I just got an email saying this is happening. They gave no details on class date/path changes.

Back
Top Bottom