Terminal 5/19/21 Terminal Basics

Hello, I've been hearing virtual basics have been around a month. Have you heard anything different?
Virtual basics is 17 days (excludes weekends). What I've heard, and it may change, is that this class starts virtually on 5/19 and start in person at the academy on June 23rd.

Virtual basics is 17 days (excludes weekends). What I've heard, and it may change, is that this class starts virtually on 5/19 and start in person at the academy on June 23rd.
Wow that's pretty quick. I am familiar with the enroute academy but not terminal. Is terminal the same where they give you a list with however many people are in your class? Like 10 people and 10 places to choose from?

I've been looking into housing, seems like anatole is nicer and you'll have your own place. Kim's place has free food and you'll have a classmate to study with. I've heard the food at Kim's place is quite cheap and not worth it though. Does anyone know if one is significantly better than the other?

Last edited:
I've been looking into housing, seems like anatole is nicer and you'll have your own place. Kim's place has free food and you'll have a classmate to study with. I've heard the food at Kim's place is quite cheap and not worth it though. Does anyone know if one is significantly better than the other?
yeah I have two friends that graduated the past year and they both stayed at kims place, they said the food provided is whatever and nothing great. One started at Kims last year then COVID hit then got sent home and when he went back to OKC he stayed at amonet house I believe it is called. I am moving with my wife so I think I'm gonna do Anatole.

yeah I have two friends that graduated the past year and they both stayed at kims place, they said the food provided is whatever and nothing great. One started at Kims last year then COVID hit then got sent home and when he went back to OKC he stayed at amonet house I believe it is called. I am moving with my wife so I think I'm gonna do Anatole.
My family also wants to come so I've been talking with Anatole. Anatole and Kim's are both pretty full from what I hear so it may not hurt to reach out to them if you're interested.

I received my FOL earlier this week. Anybody else get theirs? Already received a bunch more forms to fill out on EODS too.

Sorry for the late arrival to the group. Apparently, I am picking up a spot from someone who dropped from this class. Did I miss anything important?

Sorry for the late arrival to the group. Apparently, I am picking up a spot from someone who dropped from this class. Did I miss anything important?
Welcome! Didn't miss too much. Did they tell you a tentative date that we are expected in Oklahoma? I'm curious if it has changed from what they told me or not.
Has anyone heard anything about basics? Such as, is a webcam required and the class time/schedule?
They send an iPad to use for basics. A lot of people say they use their personal computer instead though as it easier than trying to jump between applications on the iPad. I believe virtual basics is 9-5:30 CST.

Welcome! Didn't miss too much. Did they tell you a tentative date that we are expected in Oklahoma? I'm curious if it has changed from what they told me or not.

They send an iPad to use for basics. A lot of people say they use their personal computer instead though as it easier than trying to jump between applications on the iPad. I believe virtual basics is 9-5:30 CST.
I'm pretty sure that the date that we are supposed to report to Oklahoma City, OK after passing Terminal Basics was June 23rd.

That's what my replacement HR POC told me when she called with an offer to replace a dropped applicant for this spot.

As for the Zoom requirement, I am not sure if you are required to have a second separate device (with a webcam) to do Zoom calls with, or if the iPad they're sending out is all you need.

Checking in. I was also told that we'd report to OKC on 6/23. Planning to stay at Anatole and have already reached out to them.
I think i've decided on Anatole as well if they aren't booked up. Planning on calling them today.
update:
I'm booked in Anatole through A&T corporate housing.

Last edited:
I think i've decided on Anatole as well if they aren't booked up. Planning on calling them today.
update:
I'm booked in Anatole through A&T corporate housing.
Have you been instructed to get housing in OKC right now? I haven't received an FOL yet due to me joining last minute.

Have you been instructed to get housing in OKC right now? I haven't received an FOL yet due to me joining last minute.
No not yet, I have received my FOL and returned it though. I'm just trying to get a jump on things before Anatole fills up. I would maybe check with your hr rep regarding your FOL.

Received my iPad on Wednesday. Can't wait to get started! It looks like most of us are looking at Anatole for housing. That'll make studying easy.

Anyone else experience huddle issues? All of my files appeared when logging in from my desktop but the file portion is empty on my ipad. Contacted help desk, no answer yet.

Back
Top Bottom