Terminal 8/12/19 terminal basics

Same. I’m from the 2016 bid. It’s been a long wait. Have you secured housing yet?
Yes I have a place. I’m staying at avana3131. I’ve been in Oklahoma City for a little over a year now working as an RPO in tower and en route but en route has been only very recently. My last day is going to be the 9th.

I’m in this class too, from the 2017 bid. I’ve just made arrangements to stay at Kim’s.
Almost went with Kim’s, but ended up choosing Anatole. Hope I’m not the only one there haha.

Yes I have a place. I’m staying at avana3131. I’ve been in Oklahoma City for a little over a year now working as an RPO in tower and en route but en route has been only very recently. My last day is going to be the 9th.
That’s an easy move. Just moving to the other side of the room.

How do you like OKC?

How do you like OKC?
Tbh it’s not my favorite place to live. My favorite part is the weather as in the storms. I think it’s fascinating. Bricktown is cool and there is some stuff to do but it’s so damn hot right now it’s hard to do anything. We will be starting in the teeth of it all too. Then tornado season part 2 will kick off right around the end of our time in a OKC.

OKC isn’t bad on a temporary basis but I was looking for a change before I got this class.

Also the cabs are FREEZING like <65 degrees at times. When I worked some of the colder ones it was a light jacket on top and I’d bring a liner of a winter jacket for my legs. Some of the girls (rpo’s) have blankets in the cabs. Now granted we are kind of more idle in the back and not stressing/working as hard as students but a light jacket is strongly advised.

Talked to our tower lead today. Last he checked we are a class of 10 but it could change/be lowered to 6.

Also when do you all arrive? I’d like to try to meet up/ get everyone’s contact info before the first day of class.

Talked to our tower lead today. Last he checked we are a class of 10 but it could change/be lowered to 6.

Also when do you all arrive? I’d like to try to meet up/ get everyone’s contact info before the first day of class.
Damn, 6? I’m driving in Saturday the 10th. I’ll PM you my info.

Damn, 6? I’m driving in Saturday the 10th. I’ll PM you my info.
Yeah they have been cutting the classes down really small to increase the 1 on 1 time and therefore boost the pass rate. It seems to be working but they may also be more lenient with grading. There is a class the evals Monday and then the following Monday. Should be interesting to see how they do. Class sizes used to be 18.

Yeah they have been cutting the classes down really small to increase the 1 on 1 time and therefore boost the pass rate. It seems to be working but they may also be more lenient with grading. There is a class the evals Monday and then the following Monday. Should be interesting to see how they do. Class sizes used to be 18.
They aren't cutting the class sizes to give you 1 on 1 for the pass rate that's funny. They are running out of qualified applicants and if they run classes of 18 they will have no students and have to shut down the academy for a bit until the next bid kicks in

Where did you hear it being more lenient?

I am in a class of 7. It was 8, but one dropped the day before.

We've been told that it will be classes of 8 for a while, then switching to classes of 12. We've also been told that smaller classes do better, which is one of the reasons for the change. We were told that the pass rate is around 74% so far this year (not sure if that's everyone, or just enroute)

Back
Top Bottom