Terminal 8/15/18 Terminal Basics

Bengal2A

Lurker
I just accepted my FOL for August 15th. Looking for a possible roommate to split a 2 bedroom at Anatole, also thinking about Kim's. Feel free to message if anyone else gets this class.

Last edited:
Hey!! I just accepted an 08.15 class date. I'm trying to find a female roommate for Anatole. Definitely seems like the better of the two main choices.
Have you found anyone else with this class date?

What's the name of the Facebook page? You're the only others I've seen with this class date. I wouldn't mind Anatole 2 bedroom just to save more money, but I like the ease of Kim's with everything being set up.

Hi All,

This is Michelle with Isola Bella. I am currently offering an outstanding rate of only $35.71 per night for a private one bedroom apartment. Fully furnished, full size kitchen, washer and dryer, weekly housekeeping, wifi, dvd, dish network. We also have complimentary breakfast and dinner M-F and brunch on the weekends. The FAA does provide a shuttle to and from the academy. You have the potential to make over $1500.00 per month by saving your per diem. It's a no brainer. Give me a shout for more information. Love to have you stay with us.

Michelle - FAA Director
[email protected]

Isola Bella is kind of winning for me. The "rental cars" offered, fitness center on site, later shuttle pick up then Kim's and food are all selling me.. Thoughts?

If it matters to you everyone in my class who stayed at IB hated it. Basically said it sounded better than it really was.
I would agree. I stayed there a few years ago. It is hit or miss with a good room. Sometimes smells like smoke. Comparable to a 2 star hotel room. Food is ‘ok’. If your fine eating ‘ok’ free food, and living arrangements not the greatest to save money it’s not a bad gig.

I stayed at Kim's place when I drove down the first time, and IB when I flew down my second time out.

In my opinion, Kim's actual living space is definitely nicer. I'm also glad I stayed there when I first got hired as the roommates I was matched up with were in my class and are still very good friends of mine years later. Like someone said above, the rooms at IB are hit or miss. Mine was not great, and when I went over to a classmates I couldn't believe how much nicer hers was; it felt like a completely different complex. That being said, I loved having the bar and gym there. When I was at Kim's it was really hard to motivate myself to put down the books and drive to the gym. The courtesy cars at IB were also super convenient, I never really had a problem with not being able to get one. Kim's does have pretty good weekend rates with Enterprise though.

A lot of people talk about the community aspect of Kim's, but honestly that's at both. If your class is cool, and it only takes one person to get the class to hangout, you'll end up having a few big parties at Kim's no matter where you stay. Uber is cheap.

Anatole wasn't really popular either time I was down there, but all in all I was happy with my choice both times I went down.

I just accepted this class date as well! Considering either Kim's or Anatole. I'm headed down from Alaska (no car), so Anatole seems like a great option due to proximity of grocery stores - my biggest concern is missing out on studying etc. if everyone else is at Kim's.

I just accepted this class date as well! Considering either Kim's or Anatole. I'm headed down from Alaska (no car), so Anatole seems like a great option due to proximity of grocery stores - my biggest concern is missing out on studying etc. if everyone else is at Kim's.

Hey there! Congrats on the FOL! I'm going back and forth on Isola Bella and Anatole. I'll probably stay at Anatole if everyone ends up at Kim's. One of the guys on here started a FB group. Might be easier to keep track of where everyone ends up staying on there. Linked it below!

FB Group

Aloha from Hawaii. I posted on Stuckmic, but I am glad to see others on here too. I am staying at IB due to the cost. I want to save as much money as I can while I am there. Let me know when you guys receive a welcome package. I just got a call today to clarify my email address. So I hope it's soon.

Back
Top Bottom