Agency transfer

Everything said above and keep track of your leave balance on employee express. I kept fighting to get my leave transferred and finally got it about 7 months into the agency.

You'll get placed at the top of the academy pay-band. Then once you graduate and get AG, that salary is set with no movement in the pay-band (hence we get lump sums for raises). You can see this on the facility info pages here.
Not sure there’s pay bands at the academy, everyone just makes fed min wage. It’s like 15 something an hour. If you make It through the academy, then save pay takes place. Before you sign your offer letter on the day after evals, make sure you’re pay is correct. That is where the save pay will reflect. Leave and earning went smooth for me just stay up with everything while you’re at the academy with the HR reps there and things will be okay.

Not sure there’s pay bands at the academy, everyone just makes fed min wage. It’s like 15 something an hour. If you make It through the academy, then save pay takes place. Before you sign your offer letter on the day after evals, make sure you’re pay is correct. That is where the save pay will reflect. Leave and earning went smooth for me just stay up with everything while you’re at the academy with the HR reps there and things will be okay.
There are pay bands at the academy, but they are so close together that I don't believe it will make an appreciable difference. They were compressed when the $15 minimum wage took effect in April.

From the 2021 OTS Bid:

"$31,597 to $32,650 per year
This salary includes locality pay, which will be applicable while attending the FAA ATC Academy."

When I went through it was 25k-30k roughly. They just placed me at 30k, reflected on the TOL.

Sweet, thanks everyone I appreciate the info. That's how I thought it worked based on reading but wanted to be sure. I also emailed my hr rep she got back to me saying the same thing, that I would be paid slightly higher than other academy students but not much. Then will have save pay to my old salary after placement (maxing out at the highest tier of D3 if my salary was more than that)

Back
Top Bottom