August 8th Bid

Yeah, absolutely. You would just have to choose one to turn down if you were selected for both. I remember some people in that situation earlier this year, but I can't remember how far in the process they got in the experienced bid before they had to choose.

I would have to reread it, but I'm pretty sure you have to be within 120 days of getting out to be accepted. Might want to double check before going through the whole process.

Well that's good news. I got about 10 months left in the air force and I really want to get into the faa.

You will see something like this in the announcement: Eligible veteran candidates are required to provide a Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty within 120 days of the announcement closing.

It was worded like that on the last few bids but some people have asked their commanders to write a statement of service on letterhead and that will suffice. I think the FAA is cracking down on this though because they dont want to issue TOLs to people who cant work.

Which doesn't seem to matter at the end of the day anyways bc they don't seem to be in a hurry at getting people to facilities. You've got people waiting on medical for 2-3+ months.

Say I got accepted to this one then a prior exp bid came I could I apply to that also?thanks for the info

That's what I did. got picked up enroute on the ots, then terminal prior exp. They wouldn't let me save pay on the ots bid, dod civilian controller, but they did with the exp bid. That one was a no brainer. Lengthy process, but well worth the seemingly endless wait.

I wonder if this bid will allow those that are over 31 but prior exp to apply

That would be interesting given the verbiage in the bill that was passed that changed the max age for prior experienced folks. If that is the case, then the competition will be even greater to get a foot in the door.

I've been busy reading over on Stuckmic about this bid and what is the most appropriate way to apply if I'm still active duty with around 11 months left. I was under the impression that I could apply for pool 1 as an eligible veteran with prior-ATC experience; however, for VRA it stipulates that you must provide a DD-214 or statement of discharge within 120 days of the bid closing. My current application lists my preference as pool 1 but I'm worried that this might DQ me because of the VRA thing. Can anyone provide some insight into this? I still have time to change my application to reflect pool 2 as my preference.

I've been busy reading over on Stuckmic about this bid and what is the most appropriate way to apply if I'm still active duty with around 11 months left. I was under the impression that I could apply for pool 1 as an eligible veteran with prior-ATC experience; however, for VRA it stipulates that you must provide a DD-214 or statement of discharge within 120 days of the bid closing. My current application lists my preference as pool 1 but I'm worried that this might DQ me because of the VRA thing. Can anyone provide some insight into this? I still have time to change my application to reflect pool 2 as my preference.
Your best bet is to call HR. Don't trust your future with someone from here or SM! Most people on SM are newbs that have no clue

Your best bet is to call HR. Don't trust your future with someone from here or SM! Most people on SM are newbs that have no clue

Good point. I'll have to do that soon. I'm overseas right now so it's tough to get to a commercial line and have the time align, but I will have to since this is my potential future.

Back
Top Bottom