August (Q4) 2022

Anybody else notice the Union put out a new PPT to be used for this panel yesterday on their website? Looks like several facilities had numbers changed, all highlighted in yellow.

Here everyone. Big things are they increased staffing numbers which was not normally the case. They would remove some from XXX and add to XUX. GEG added 9 CPCs. AUS added 4. AUS definitely needed more though

Attachments

• Priority-Placement-Tool-2022-08-03.xlsx
    130.2 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Here everyone. Big things are they increased staffing numbers without removing them. Which has not been done before. GEG added 9 CPCs. AUS added 4.
How are they allowed to do this after the published dates for data to be used? Shouldn't all facilities numbers be updated mid cycle if they're to do this?

How are they allowed to do this after the published dates for data to be used? Shouldn't all facilities numbers be updated mid cycle if they're to do this?
I edited my post but and removed the first part because it happened to ZJX. This falls under dynamic decisions. They do whatever they want.

Hey guys with NY being low staffed yesterday do you think JFK EWR LGA ZNY are gonna be picking up via dynamic decisions?

I thought MCO was a highly sought after facility. Do they have a ton of people out on medical or something?
Highly sought after yes, but also their target number is way off. Their target is 22 while FLL has a target if 26. Meanwhile I think FLL only ever works 1 ground and has the ability to combine to 1 local all though they usually have 2 at peak times I think. MCO pretty much always has 2 locals except for the mids I'd imagine and their ground can be split into east and west if they're real busy.

Here everyone. Big things are they increased staffing numbers which was not normally the case. They would remove some from XXX and add to XUX. GEG added 9 CPCs. AUS added 4. AUS definitely needed more though
I heard the AUS bump was just the beginning and they were eventually gonna add enough to make the target 55. I heard they just bumped it by 4 this panel so they could no longer release which looks like it's the case for BJC as well. That's so fucked. Imagine thinking you have a chance this panel and then it gets stripped away.

A lot of those big moves in targets were the result of 804. GEG increased by 9 but now PSC is way overstaffed. Same deal with PIA, SPI, and T75. I had a feeling there was a mistake on those PIA numbers. Now they're staffed at 133% AOB, 109% projected, and still have 2 slots on the current academy list. ⚠️ Country club alert ⚠️

Last edited:
I heard the AUS bump was just the beginning and they were eventually gonna add enough to make the target 55. I heard they just bumped it by 4 this panel so they could no longer release which looks like it's the case for BJC as well. That's so fucked. Imagine thinking you have a chance this panel and then it gets stripped away.

A lot of those big moves in targets were the result of 804. GEG increased by 9 but now PSC is way overstuffed. Same deal with PIA, SPI, and T75. I had a feeling there was a mistake on those PIA numbers. Now they're staffed at 133% AOB, 109% projected, and still have 2 slots on the current academy list. ⚠️ Country club alert ⚠️
Remember when Trish Gilbert visited PIA and they asked her about their new tower which is apparently 10 years overdue and she said “she will look into it” and then never did lol!

After the NCEPT PPT is published, FacReps/ATMs are tasked to verify the data is accurate. You’d be surprised how many facilities have oddities here and there that require a manual change of the data. 99% of the time a new one doesn’t get published — it just gets used internally during the panel. NATCA most likely took the correct information after it was confirmed and published it knowing this happens every panel.

After the NCEPT PPT is published, FacReps/ATMs are tasked to verify the data is accurate. You’d be surprised how many facilities have oddities here and there that require a manual change of the data. 99% of the time a new one doesn’t get published — it just gets used internally during the panel. NATCA most likely took the correct information after it was confirmed and published it knowing this happens every panel.
This might be the first time I’ve ever seen NATCA national be transparent with something

What exactly happened to ZJX?
In January 2022, ZJX had a staffing number of 241 CPCs and that would make it 100% staffed. This past summer they got hammered due to low staffing and it was widely known across the nation. FAA implemented "emergency" action of staffing the facility with more CPCs... by increasing the CPC target. it is now 275.

EDIT: They were at 211 CPCs and now only have 205.

Back
Top Bottom