August (Q4) 2022

Phanatical

⭐SuperStar
the next NCEPT will be held on August 23 per the KSN. The August PPT is scheduled to be released on July 27.

August NCEPT temporary modifications
Facilities are either designated as “gaining” or “releasing” facilities for each round.

Round 1
• Releasing facility must be at or above 85% current % CPC to Target (column L of the PPT) and at or above 85% Projected % to Target (column AA of the PPT)
• Releases stop when the facility drops below 85% Current or Projected % to Target
• Gaining facility must be below the Projected National Average (top of column AA of the
PPT)*
• The order of gaining facilities will be based on the most recent decision lens agreement**
• Selections for a single facility will not exceed ten (10) during this panel

Round 2
• Releasing facility must be an ATC-4 through ATC-7 that is currently at or above 90% Current % CPC to Target and at or above 100% Projected % to Target
• Releases stop when the facility drops below 90% Current or 100% Projected % to Target
• Gaining facilities will be considered only from the ATC-8/9s and may be filled until
selection reach a Projected % to Target of 100%
• The order of gaining facilities will be based on the most recent decision lens agreement**
• Gaining facility Trainee to Total Controller ratio is less than 30%

The panel reserves the right to address extraordinary circumstances on an as needed basis. *Projected National Average percentage will be published in the PPT on 08/03/2022

**Decision lens is part of NCEPT data execution on 08/04/2022 Releases

NCEPT Timeline
• Monday, 25 July – ERR submission deadline
• Friday, 29 July – Final day for Facilities to update staffing in SWB
• Tuesday, 2 August – HR Staffing Workbook entries completed
• Wednesday, 3 August – Facility Priority Placement Tool
• Thursday, 4 August – NCEPT data executed
• Monday, 8 August – HR resume upload begins
• Friday, 12 August – HR resume upload complete
• Monday, 15 August – Manager Ranking List published (Opened)
• Friday, 19 August – Manager Rankings completed (Closed)
• Monday, 22 August – P21 prepares data for NCEPT board
• Tuesday, 23 August – NCEPT convenes/adjourns

Category 1: Release dates shall be within three (3) months of selection, or at the election of the employee no later than six (6) months.

Category 2: Release dates shall be within twelve (12) months of selection.

Post NCEPT Selection Meeting Timeline
4th Quarter (August) NCEPT Selection Dates:

• NCEPT meeting adjourns August 23rd

TOL sent to employees no later than September 7, 2022 (two weeks)
• Clock starts August 24, 2022

Category 1 Three month release date
• November 21, 2022 PP25

Category 2 One Year Release Date
• August 28, 2023 PP18

Last edited by a moderator:
Opt Outside GIF by REI

I'd love to see the numbers pre and post NCEPT creation of controllers to supervisor. I feel like an obscene amount of people are taking supervisor jobs to transfer.

They at least gotta follow the release policy now. Back in the day, getting supe meant you could jump the line on anyone already released. And that was back when releases were generally two years. NCEPT has its issues but the old days still had their own bullshit.

They at least gotta follow the release policy now.

My area just released a controller for a supe spot in the facility, even though the building (even my area is short) isnt able to release, nor has been since at least covid started. Must be a deviation?

My area just released a controller for a supe spot in the facility, even though the building (even my area is short) isnt able to release, nor has been since at least covid started. Must be a deviation?

Happened at my last facility as well. Supe bids seem to always trump staffing numbers.

No additional information, but the next NCEPT will be held on August 23 per the KSN. The August PPT is scheduled to be released on July 27.
must be nice to release people. but 2+ years for checkout at lower level facilities and letting people go from the floor to staff jobs is just killing the hopes and dreams of controllers just wanting to be controllers somewhere else.

Just remember. You need to be patient. That’s what the union says. So think positive for the next three years, pay your dues, and don’t get upset when they select non union new hires to go to your facility of choice.
been thinking positive and paying my dues for almost 5 years of eligible. and here i sit...

must be nice to release people. but 2+ years for checkout at lower level facilities and letting people go from the floor to staff jobs is just killing the hopes and dreams of controllers just wanting to be controllers somewhere else.

been thinking positive and paying my dues for almost 5 years of eligible. and here i sit...
Sounds like it’s time to call your rvp and “discuss your union membership”.

Nah, then they’ll just say I’m ungrateful and that I’m not allowed at the diner table
You think waiting 5 years is worthy of union membership? I came in under the white book. It didn’t take me 5 years to get out of my facility. Without expressing your voice what’s the point of being in the union. You don’t work for them you work for the faa. The union is supposed to be maximizing your job growth

Thinking it was harder to transfer under white book is absolutely retarded. If you're at a black hole facility now you're more screwed than any time since 81
This is true, NATCA still waving the flag that “we saved you from the white book” is pathetic on its own, but it’s even more funny when you consider that they designed NCEPT.

With the white book you made low pay but could still move around and were hired into one of two states you selected as a geographic preference.

Now, unless you win the lotto and go to a center in a low COLA area, you still make low pay as you are in a level 4-7 (or a center with insane COLA), plus you are placed anywhere, not one of your two states of preference, and in most cases have no reasonable chance to leave other then faking a hardship or getting a deviation to do a sup job.

pay your dues, and don’t get upset when they select non union new hires to go to your facility of choice.
The fact that OTS hires and prior exp are getting placed in any spot that a due paying multi year CPC has an ERR in for is insane to me. How can we change this?

They tell us “there’s a line of people waiting and wanting to get your job…” then give it to them, and let me transfer.

Back
Top Bottom