Bid schedule deviation

PO

If I bid SuMo off and my schedule is:

Tue 1500
Wed 1300
Thu 0800
Fri 0600
Sat 2300

And they keep bumping me to a 1300 on Thursday for "staffing" (not spend overtime dollars) do I have any protections? I thought article 32 defines this.

Or is this commonplace at other facilities to deviate from the schedule you bid?

Brother that’s been happening since I joined five measly years ago.
Incredible. So they have us by the balls as it is and now they are like "oh, you want to join a Thursday night softball league because you bid days on Thursday? You get a 1300"

Even when I worked terrible jobs in retail they didn't pull this shit. It almost makes me wonder why we even do the bidding process at all?

What does your bid like actually say. A lot
Of time the 3rd day says like 0800/1300 or some shit in the fine print.
Mine is just an excel spreadsheet from the rep and it's just straight up 1500,1300,0800,0600,2300.

We had a local MOU that stated that a bid line will be either 2 swings - 2 days - 1 mid or 2 swings - 3 days or 3 swings - 2 days. So when people were scheduled something different, it always got reversed and overtime was scheduled.

Tue 1500
Wed 1300
Thu 0800
Fri 0600
Sat 2300

And they keep bumping me to a 1300 on Thursday for "staffing" (not spend overtime dollars) do I have any protections? I thought article 32 defines this.

Or is this commonplace at other facilities to deviate from the schedule you bid?
Welcome to backup priorities. Do they assign OT to the day to backfill for you?

Tue 1500
Wed 1300
Thu 0800
Fri 0600
Sat 2300

I’m willing to bet your MOU has language like “to the maximum extent possible shift assignments shall….”

Do you expect management to overstaff a day shift only to pay someone overtime to work a night shift when they could just move you to a night? After posting they could also just move you. Outside of a week (provided they follow the process).

Both facilities I've been at will simply change the schedule to accommodate staffing requirements. My last facility I brought this exact issue up and was basically told it wasn't set in stone. Both facilities didn't include mids on the schedule. It usually just said Eve, Eve, Day, Day, Day or Week of Eves, Week of Days.

I'd think it would be rare for an ATM to agree to something so concrete with little to no wiggle room on their end.

Depends on your MOU. Our Z MOU priority is as follows:

Eve, Eve/Day, Day/Eve, Day, Mid/Day.

So 2nd shift Day or 3rd shift Eve is always a possibility. If they aren’t backfilling your moved shift with OT, then you have no leg to stand on. We’ve been doing this dance at our Z for 15 years off and on. Only now are we so short that we can move anything without triggering an OT backfill.

Isn’t it sad some people are in a position they don’t know where the mou is, what it is or what it says, can’t simply go to their rep for this question and come here instead to find their answer not knowing without specifics other than go look at your mou, we won’t be useful.

How did the rep get approval from the work force for what will be bid? That shit shouldn’t be allowed and they should be removed immediately

Ours is like this:

Eve
Eve/Day
Eve/Day/Mid
Day/Mid
Day/Mid

Double mids are a weekly occurrence for several people and triple mids are not totally uncommon.
Night/Day/Triple Mid is so brutal. It should be unassignable. Failing that there should be a major financial disincentive for management to force that on someone, something akin to hazardous duty pay because that turn around will shorten your life in the long run.

I don't think we've actually had any scheduled triple mids during the regular 5 day week in the last year or so (at least I haven't). At one point we had several RDO lines with a single person so for each of those, they pull someone from the next RDO line to be the 2nd person on the previous mid. If there are 2 people on that line they try to alternate it so you only do the double mid every other week, but if you're also on a one person line, or your partner is on leave, then you get a double mid like every week. And if other single line people have leave then that can turn into the triple mid. Also, a lot of our OT is mids, so if you had the double and then get scheduled or called OT, that's a triple mid too, which is different from the regular staffing MOU but that still results in triple mids. They tried to make the RDO lines as best as they could I suppose but with leave and stuff it became necessary sometimes.

Our current ATM is better at calling in OT so the triple isn't seen as much, and we have some more people checked out now so it's evened out, but the ability to schedule that way is still there. I'm pretty sure our current rep is planning on making some changes and will try to get rid of it when the time comes. I used to not mind it as much. Our mid is easy, usually very little traffic, and it's a day to not have to see mgmt or whatever. However, as I get older it's catching up to me more and I'm a lot more tired than in the past. Guys 10 years younger than me are feeling it too.

Traffic dodgers love double triple or even all mids.
Ask someone who works at KSDF or KMEM or ZID or ZME how much traffic they dodge on the mid. They work traffic that you cannot imagine with very few bodies. Christmas time at any of those facilities is reserved for the elite.

Isn’t it sad some people are in a position they don’t know where the mou is, what it is or what it says, can’t simply go to their rep for this question and come here instead to find their answer not knowing without specifics other than go look at your mou, we won’t be useful.

How did the rep get approval from the work force for what will be bid? That shit shouldn’t be allowed and they should be removed immediately

Im guessing those people are ignorant. Every time we've bid the mou was either printed and posted in the tower, break room, and/or emailed. I highly doubt people were told to bid and given no mou to look at.

Back
Top Bottom