Bid schedule deviation

Ask someone who works at KSDF or KMEM or ZID or ZME how much traffic they dodge on the mid. They work traffic that you cannot imagine with very few bodies. Christmas time at any of those facilities is reserved for the elite.
Yah I understand that if you work the FedEx or ups hub you have a busy mid. That’s not most facilities.

Yah I understand that if you work the FedEx or ups hub you have a busy mid. That’s not most facilities.
Some people don’t have 5 kids to deal with in the morning. Some people thrive on only 3-4 hours sleep. Some people can stay up and get a lot of shit done in the day.

The best part of mids is not dealing with management and admin bullshit. No briefings, no working short for people on details, no VIP movement etc. But I guess you can assume anyone who likes mids is dodging traffic.

Some people don’t have 5 kids to deal with in the morning. Some people thrive on only 3-4 hours sleep. Some people can stay up and get a lot of shit done in the day.

The best part of mids is not dealing with management and admin bullshit. No briefings, no working short for people on details, no VIP movement etc. But I guess you can assume anyone who likes mids is dodging traffic.
No I didn’t say that. I didn’t say any of that.

No I didn’t say that. I didn’t say any of that.
You were implying that people who like mids are dodging traffic. Maybe it’s different at the center but most of the weaker controllers I’ve worked with hate mids and get out of them any way they can.

Can’t imagine? Really? We can’t even begin to comprehend it? Lol…k
I didn’t say comprehend. I will admit imagine isn’t the right word. Let me put it this way. I started at a facility with a dead mid and watched movies all night. At that moment in my career I had no concept of a freighter mid. When I was exposed it was truly the wild Wild West. It was at times as busy as I’ve ever been in my career and don’t look for help if you need it because management refuses to staff it adequately. I was responding to someone who obviously has only had dead mids. For someone who hasn’t been exposed it can be hard to imagine the world of a freighter mid.

Yeah we have some busy nights but it's generally more enjoyable because I don't have 'help'

As long as its "Not Normally" changed to other than agreed upon MOU, you have no leg to stand on. BTW, good luck getting any clarity on what "Not Normally" is. We fight this on every schedule.

Back
Top Bottom