Car crash at Kim’s?

She said he's not a new hire. So he was back for rtf or transferring to a different facility type. Either way, even if he gets a dui, he's still more than likely going to be employed. Can't count how many dui's I've seen in my facilities.
They usually don’t include crashing through a house

She said he's not a new hire. So he was back for rtf or transferring to a different facility type. Either way, even if he gets a dui, he's still more than likely going to be employed. Can't count how many dui's I've seen in my facilities.
Guy at ZNY had 4 before he was fired

If it’s a DUI, he gets sent home and voluntold to do AA and his training is suspended until he completes X Y Z steps. Then he can get another opportunity to go to the academy for whatever he was there for after some time frame. If he was drugged, I imagine at worst they give him a new date to come back to the academy since I’d guess he isn’t attending classes at this time.

Not everywhere. I had a suspected dui and I was given the option of breathalyzer at the station or they’ll take me to the hospital to have a blood test done.
How long ago and where was your suspected DUI? I know the warrant and blood test process in Nevada was new for 2015; it was either in response to, or a protective measure for, 4th amendment challenges to the DUI process and especially in regards to the error rate/reliability of breathalyzers.

It was a real pain in the ass for us dispatchers because we were the middle-men for the officers calling us to get on a recorded line and then us patching in on-call judges in the middle of the night at their homes.

Blood tests are typically done at jail intake; only typically occur at hospital when injuries are severe enough for admission.

I can't attest to OK jurisdictions, but NV state law (and many others) requires a warrant from a judge: the suspect gets arrested under suspicion of DUI/OWI and booked, while being booked the officer calls the judge on a recorded line and requests the warrant for a blood draw, and then the blood draw is performed towards the end of intake.

If they don't remember the hospital they probably don't remember the jail intake either, which is where the blood draw most likely occurred; if one didn't at intake/at all then a decent lawyer should be able to get it dismissed.
Sometimes depending on the dept. they could have have their own phlebotomist (in the traffic unit/dui teams) and draw their own blood.

2014 in NJ
A lot has change nationally in 8 years regarding breathalyzer legitimacy in court (people are finally realizing they aren't nearly as accurate as they thought they were and DUI lawyers are having a field day). A quick Google search shows NJ currently is still a wild one: they don't have any blood draw requirements because of state-level 4th amendment laws and they have strict breathalyzer enforcement in that you can't refuse a breathalyzer, even if you ask for a blood draw instead (some states have a suspect's opt-into clause for blood draw).

This is where the 10th amendment becomes a real pain in the ass and instead of making a national standard, the law can vary wildly from state to state and even jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Back
Top Bottom