Class 2/Tier 2 issues

KrogerC

Lurker
Hello everyone,

So I got tier 2'd about a year and a half ago, and because of that and my medical history they're also not issuing me a Class 2 medical until the tier 2 process is complete. I'm lucky enough right now that I'm working a contract overseas that doesn't require a class 2 but the class 2 would certainly allow me to do more here.. I submitted what should be the last of the documentation they asked for over the summer, so I was thinking about following up with them and pressing the issue some more. This contract isn't up until late February though and I want to finish it out.

My question is, if I email them and they respond asking me to come in for the Tier 2 eval next month for example.. will they work around my contract dates? I also imagine they don't do virtual or phone appointments for this matter.

If anyone else has also gone through this as well, I'd appreciate any input/advice!

Thank you

Have you had your initial consultation with the examiner regarding your Tier II or are you still in limbo waiting for a consultation date? I was Tier II'ed almost 10 years ago now but luckily had my consultation quite quickly. I have a large write up on my situation here. Hopefully nothing like that happens to you. The biggest pain in the ass is getting medical to move on anything. You need to keep on them about your situation. Unfortunately there seems to be a large precedence that expediency is not in the vocabulary of FAA Medical. Long story short, I had to reach out to my Senators to get my final hurdle moving. This may be the option to pursue should you get nothing from your regional medical office. Good Luck.

Have you had your initial consultation with the examiner regarding your Tier II or are you still in limbo waiting for a consultation date? I was Tier II'ed almost 10 years ago now but luckily had my consultation quite quickly. I have a large write up on my situation here. Hopefully nothing like that happens to you. The biggest pain in the ass is getting medical to move on anything. You need to keep on them about your situation. Unfortunately there seems to be a large precedence that expediency is not in the vocabulary of FAA Medical. Long story short, I had to reach out to my Senators to get my final hurdle moving. This may be the option to pursue should you get nothing from your regional medical office. Good Luck.
I'm still waiting on the consultation date, I was notified of my Tier II status around July '22 then in January they requested my VA decision letter which I hadn't received until a couple months later with my claims still in process. But I submitted that as well as the last of the follow up documents they asked for in August so I imagine the consultation should be coming up soon hopefully? I'll definitely keep the Senator option in mind though!

I'm still waiting on the consultation date, I was notified of my Tier II status around July '22 then in January they requested my VA decision letter which I hadn't received until a couple months later with my claims still in process. But I submitted that as well as the last of the follow up documents they asked for in August so I imagine the consultation should be coming up soon hopefully? I'll definitely keep the Senator option in mind though!
I would highly recommend continually calling your regional flight surgeon and asking for updates. If this doesn't work then after a few weeks definitely reach out to your Senator. Don't expect anything to go quickly. Be persistent, patient, and most importantly be polite.

This Tier 2 process is exactly reminding why I resigned from the agency after 10 years. CAMI is the worst. I plan on rescinding my acceptance tomorrow. These people are asking me for 10 years driving record report and military records after already being in the agency for 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom