Class date deferment

atc_chick

Lurker
Does anyone have insight to the process to defer your class date?
I know there is a request process. Anyone been through something similar? Specifically in regards to finances.

You just email HR and state the reason. Usually it is easier to defer when the date is offered by people have luck. The worst they can say is no. Obviously the earlier you ask the better.

I pushed mine back almost two months due to the birth of a baby. There was nothing formal about it. Just an email. I even requested a specific start date and got it approved. Good luck to you!

Yeah just an email to HR. I deferred mine to finish out a semester in college, pushed it back 2 months.

Yeah just an email to HR. I deferred mine to finish out a semester in college, pushed it back 2 months.
Did you do that for this current semester? I’m in the same boat. I’m about to refresh my drug test and am worried I will be offered a date before I’m done with school in December.

Did you do that for this current semester? I’m in the same boat. I’m about to refresh my drug test and am worried I will be offered a date before I’m done with school in December.

No, mine was from the August 2016 bid, I deferred mine from July to September in 2017, when they call up and offer you a date just let them know. It's not a major deal and there is plenty of leeway with your class date. HR is just looking for bodies to fill slots, they can find another one for your old one.

Does anyone have insight to the process to defer your class date?
I know there is a request process. Anyone been through something similar? Specifically in regards to finances.
I requested a deferment one week ago due to being a full time college student until December and my request was denied by the ATO. It’s not guaranteed.

Damn... I’ve seen other deferments get approved that were less strenuous than leaving school early
I was told they are not approving most deferment requests right now but that it does also depend on which class you’re trying to push back. They are approving requests based on the needs of the agency.

I was told they are not approving most deferment requests right now but that it does also depend on which class you’re trying to push back. They are approving requests based on the needs of the agency.
Gotcha I guess they’re more desperate for people now. Makes sense

Back
Top Bottom