Medical Colonoscopy

J-one-s

Trusted Contributor
I'm 32, and considered high risk for getting ass cancer. My dad's doctor told me that after 30, I need to start getting screened. If anyone has experience with getting this euphoric procedure done, did you encounter any issues with medical? How long were you unable to work?

I'm 32, and considered high risk for getting ass cancer. My dad's doctor told me that after 30, I need to start getting screened. If anyone has experience with getting this euphoric procedure done, did you encounter any issues with medical? How long were you unable to work?
No impact on keeping your medical certificate. For time off, I’d say a minimum of 1 day, for day of procedure. You’ll get a general anesthesia. Ideally, also off half a day the day before, when you start in on the Turbolax and drink about 40 gallons of Gatoraid.

No impact on keeping your medical certificate. For time off, I’d say a minimum of 1 day, for day of procedure. You’ll get a general anesthesia. Ideally, also off half a day the day before, when you start in on the Turbolax and drink about 40 gallons of Gatoraid.
I'm a little baffled that benadryl keeps you out for 2 or 3 days, but medical is cool with general anesthesia. But hey, they're not known for making sense.
That's good to know, though. Thank you.

I'm a little baffled that benadryl keeps you out for 2 or 3 days, but medical is cool with general anesthesia. But hey, they're not known for making sense.
It isn't always medical related-the NyQuil 3 days is because one of the ingredients pop a drug test. It's similar to the general health policies-no bunks at facilities but fatigue mitigation naps are encouraged

You gotta remember the flight surgeons that make these rules are shit doctors. Bottom of the barrel.

It isn't always medical related-the NyQuil 3 days is because one of the ingredients pop a drug test. It's similar to the general health policies-no bunks at facilities but fatigue mitigation naps are encouraged

Huh, didn't know the NyQuil thing, that makes more sense. Also what do you mean no bunks at facility?

It may or may not vary by region. In my region, local anesthesia was a 48-hour down time.

...but also (according to my partner who knows more about medical things) you don't actually get knocked out for a colonoscopy. No, instead they give you medicine that makes it impossible to create memories, just like if you get blackout drunk. So you experience everything—you just don't remember it the next day. Isn't that fun.

Back
Top Bottom