Contract question

Can someone who's currently at a contract tower PM me? Preferably someone at BKL or working for Midwest in general. I just have a few questions about day to day and a few other things.

Can someone who's currently at a contract tower PM me? Preferably someone at BKL or working for Midwest in general. I just have a few questions about day to day and a few other things.
Not there any more, but in general working for contract sucks. Little to no leave until 1 year mark, then it's only 2 weeks. No sick leave unless the state you work in requires it. Tons of single controller in the tower, which is cool and sucky at the same time. Pay is just mediocre. Some facilities are better than others

Not there any more, but in general working for contract sucks. Little to no leave until 1 year mark, then it's only 2 weeks. No sick leave unless the state you work in requires it. Tons of single controller in the tower, which is cool and sucky at the same time. Pay is just mediocre. Some facilities are better than others
What is it like getting back in the agency after you leave? I'm 28 now but being away from home is killing me and I'd rather risk getting home and maybe not getting back in rather than rotting away where im at and being depressed for the next 10 years. Contract also makes the same as me now so being home with same pay seems far better to me.

What is it like getting back in the agency after you leave? I'm 28 now but being away from home is killing me and I'd rather risk getting home and maybe not getting back in rather than rotting away where im at and being depressed for the next 10 years. Contract also makes the same as me now so being home with same pay seems far better to me.
Are you cpc? Generally it's not too bad, but you have to go through the FAA wickets again. As for pay, I'm surprised it's the same. But few things of warning. Their Healthcare is garbage in comparison to the FAA, there's no pensions, although they do have a 401k. Not sure if they still do matching or not. But I believe they do. You can always just reach out to Midwest directly, they're hurting for bodies. Amy St.Pierre was the district last time I worked for them, and I believe she still is.

Back
Top Bottom