COVID Vaccination

Status
Not open for further replies.
But nothing for the poor AGs? No reason they can’t come back if they get the jab. Should be noted they haven’t asked us to submit our documentation to the flight surgeon about vaccination or anything like that
I got an email back in January from aviation medicine that said they don't want to be informed any more about employees getting their shots. It was about two weeks after vaccinations started.
It's all on the facility level unless there's severe side effects.

And right, haven't heard AGs get mentioned.

I got an email back in January from aviation medicine that said they don't want to be informed any more about employees getting their shots. It was about two weeks after vaccinations started.
It's all on the facility level unless there's severe side effects.

And right, haven't heard AGs get mentioned.
So facility heard immunity seems weird. Unless they are just gonna apply the numbers from the overall community the facility is in. Which I guess they could do

Got 1st Pfizer like 3 days ago. Sore arm, that's about it.

Make Training Great Again

Why the heck wouldn’t the flight surgeon be keeping a record of who has been vaccinated? You could hypothetically have a facility where every single person has been vaccinated and high risk people along with AG trainees are still sitting at home because nobody’s aware.

J and J shot, just arm soreness for a few hrs, next day some joint pain and fatigue.

Wife also had the j and j, nothing aside from a sore arm.
Got J&J early afternoon on Friday. Shot burned going in, but was fine rest of the day. Fatigue, fever, and body ache pretty bad all day yesterday (Saturday); feeling partly better today (Sunday). Arm has been sore as hell since Saturday.

Got the 1st Pfizer shot Saturday evening. Didn't feel much worse than what you feel after getting a flu shot. Will update later when second dose comes around.

Got the 1st Pfizer shot Saturday evening. Didn't feel much worse than what you feel after getting a flu shot. Will update later when second dose comes around.
Make sure to update your facebook profile so that everyone knows you've done your civic duty and you can shame those who don't. You receive an instant 50% increase in effectiveness of the vaccine by posting about it on social media.,

Make sure to update your facebook profile so that everyone knows you've done your civic duty and you can shame those who don't. You receive an instant 50% increase in effectiveness of the vaccine by posting about it on social media.,
I don't know why there isn't a fb profile picture additive I can use to show that I'm morally superior to all my friends.

Full report: I got the J&J on Friday the 9th at about 4pm. The jab itself didn't hurt but the actual injection burned considerably going in; not terrible but definitely uncomfortable. Felt fine the rest of the day, tried to move my arm around a bit to avoid as much soreness as possible but arm didn't hurt after the shot.

Saturday: woke up 9am feeling crappy. Fatigued, muscle pain, low fever, and arm sore as hell at the injection site. Took my wife to go get her first Moderna shot at noon. By the time we got home at 1pm I felt even worse; completely fatigued and considerably more muscle pain/body ache. Slept for 3 hours in the middle of the day until about 5pm. Found the energy to eat some dinner and watch tv on the couch for a couple hours and then back to bed.

Sunday: less crappy, but definitely still feeling it in regards to fatigue and muscle pain. Fever pretty much gone. Arm sore as hell and injection site was extremely sore to the touch. Enough motivation/energy to do some laundry and the dishes, but not enough to go up a flight of stairs to play some video games.

Monday: almost back to normal. Still a touch fatigued, but no fever or muscle pain. Injection site still very tender to the touch and sore.

Tuesday-Thursday: normal other than arm soreness and injection site being very tender.

Friday (1 week): first morning that I woke up and my arm wasn't immediately sore. Injection site is still tender if I rub my arm but good other than that.

Saturday: woke up 9am feeling crappy. Fatigued, muscle pain, low fever
Friday night hangover basically
Slept for 3 hours in the middle of the day until about 5pm. Found the energy to eat some dinner and watch tv on the couch for a couple hours and then back to bed.
That's basically EA trainee life right there
Enough motivation/energy to do some laundry and the dishes, but not enough to go up a flight of stairs to play some video games.
This is an everyday feeling on EA

My wife and I both got the pfizer vacs - first had no side effects other than a sore arm for a day. Second produced significant fatigue for 36 hours.

But I'm just a pilot ...

Are a lot of you guys having fatigue with the second Pfizer? From what I’ve heard it’s been split between people feeling fatigue/sore and people feeling normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom