D21

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is the main reason your facility has a low success rate? Did covid inflate the failure rate? Are you guys looking to hire new people from the prior experience bid that was released 3 months ago? I’m just trying to find a way to get there lol or if it’s worth trying to get there.
We’ve had a few training failures in the past years and people withdraw from training and go back to their previous facility. I don’t know if that 55% is all that accurate, it may be. Seems lower than it should be but I could be wrong. If anything Covid has increased the success rate in my opinion with less traffic.

That’s outside of my knowledge of we’re looking to hire people off the prior bid. Pretty sure depends on your experience, the current FAA priority list, and the crystal ball list they give ya.

Overall it’s a good facility. It’s home for me so I don’t see myself ever leaving.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is the main reason your facility has a low success rate? Did covid inflate the failure rate? Are you guys looking to hire new people from the prior experience bid that was released 3 months ago? I’m just trying to find a way to get there lol or if it’s worth trying to get there.
What you'll find as you work towards an FAA career is that the management staff at any given facility has little to no say on the who/what/when of when they get employees. The best advice I could give to you is hope it is on your list, put it at the number 1 slot in ranking and hope for the best. A more realistic plan would be hope for a level 5-8 up/down, certify, and put in for transfer as soon as you can and wait. Might not hurt to sacrifice some small livestock while you wait.

What you'll find as you work towards an FAA career is that the management staff at any given facility has little to no say on the who/what/when of when they get employees. The best advice I could give to you is hope it is on your list, put it at the number 1 slot in ranking and hope for the best. A more realistic plan would be hope for a level 5-8 up/down, certify, and put in for transfer as soon as you can and wait. Might not hurt to sacrifice some small livestock while you wait.
Gotcha. Now would you say to avoid Tracon only locations? Seems like the word is it is harder to get out of those location. Or I should aim for lower levels with higher manning?

Gotcha. Now would you say to avoid Tracon only locations? Seems like the word is it is harder to get out of those location. Or I should aim for lower levels with higher manning?
This is generic advice for any higher level tracon - try to get to an up/down that is well staffed. You want to get radar experience and be releasable. Being releasable is more important than radar experience if you want to get to a higher level tracon. Having radar experience likely improves your odds of success when you get there.

do you guys do tours? I’ve been trying to cal the 734…5000 number but no one ever picks up. Was looking to see if I could schedule a tour.

Try 5042. It's the operation but somebody there can either help you or direct you to the right person. Or if you're flying through just show up at the door. Next to the minute suites under the tram stop

Back
Top Bottom