December 5 - Holiday

twn

Trusted Contributor
Alright boys, govt is closed for business. See you Thursday.

/s

Robertb

Forum Sage
FAA
Facility
A80 Atlanta Tracon
Holiday for my mid tonight and OT on Wednesday!

Electricfence

Trusted Contributor
lets spend money the government doesn't have!!! but then shut it down a week later claiming its fiscally responsible to do so. what a joke.

mrobs15

Trusted Contributor
I ♥ pointSixtyFive
Anyone know the govt's daily payroll cost is? Gotta be near a billion dollars.

GMX

Trusted Contributor
My RDOs are Tue/Wed. With the holiday Wednesday, makes my in lieu of day Monday right? If the Holiday was Tuesday, then my in lieu would be Thursday? It's kind of screwy but I think I have it right.

I have leave tomorrow. I might have to cancel if I want the pay.

spider

Trusted Contributor
My RDOs are Tue/Wed. With the holiday Wednesday, makes my in lieu of day Monday right? If the Holiday was Tuesday, then my in lieu would be Thursday? It's kind of screwy but I think I have it right.

Yes or you can take the leave and it will get converted to holiday.

nbc1179

They will Most likely compress your runs over 2 weeks then add a day. That’s what happened when hey shut down for a day when I was there
By compress the runs you mean we fit those runs into other days? If they do that, why would they add a day?

Stinger

Staff member

Yes, the in-lieu-of-day is the shift that's furthest from the actual holiday.
So does this mean the academy is shut down Wednesday?
Yep.

By compress the runs you mean we fit those runs into other days? If they do that, why would they add a day?
For tower, instead of 7 runs at 45 minutes each, and a 20 minute break, they'll do 8 runs a day at 40 minutes each. It'll take 7 days to make up the lost day. There wouldn't be a day added at the end.

wrench978

Trusted Contributor
FAA
Facility
ZSU San Juan CERAP
I believe it was supposed to say "Compress your runs over 2 weeks RATHER THAN add a day".