Degree Completion Program

GulfBravoPapa

⭐SuperStar
U.S. Department of Transportation: My Access: Sign In

The FAA is currently accepting applications for the 2022 Degree Completion Program. If you've already completed 65% of an undergraduate degree or 50% of a graduate degree you can apply and if selected be reimbursed up to $4,000 per fiscal year by the FAA. It looks like the program has changed some since I was a part of it five or so years ago so I'm not 100% on the requirements and application process but I've included a link that would be a good starting point for anyone interested in applying. Must apply by Mar 25, 2022.

I used to be all about doing this one day, wanted to start at Master’s degree and get the second half paid for. I was so pissed back from about 2012-2016 when the program existed and but was “not funded” and once a year I would email the program administrator about it and he would gleefully reply something like “sorry XXXXXXX, no good news to report!” (How the F did this guy have a job still if the program was inactive for that long, what was he administering?)

But anyway, glad to see it’s allegedly active again now. There are limits to how many people they give it out to, but they usually have less qualified applicants then slots for it during the rare times it’s up and running.

Since then I mostly lost interest in doing this though, I might want to get a Masters degree still but now might just wait and use that as my project to keep my busy in retirement.

Plus I lost a lot faith in higher education due to the extremist left wing insanity there and the COVID lies, so F it, maybe some school doesn’t even deserve the privilege to give a Masters degree to me anymore.

I used to be all about doing this one day, wanted to start at Master’s degree and get the second half paid for. I was so pissed back from about 2012-2016 when the program existed and but was “not funded” and once a year I would email the program administrator about it and he would gleefully reply something like “sorry XXXXXXX, no good news to report!” (How the F did this guy have a job still if the program was inactive for that long, what was he administering?)

But anyway, glad to see it’s allegedly active again now. There are limits to how many people they give it out to, but they usually have less qualified applicants then slots for it during the rare times it’s up and running.

Since then I mostly lost interest in doing this though, I might want to get a Masters degree still but now might just wait and use that as my project to keep my busy in retirement.

Plus I lost a lot faith in higher education due to the extremist left wing insanity there and the COVID lies, so F it, maybe some school doesn’t even deserve the privilege to give a Masters degree to me anymore.
Christ, you're a tool.

The FAA is now accepting applications for the Degree Completion Program for 2023.​

U.S. Department of Transportation: My Access: Sign In

FAA Degree Completion Program - Overview​

Thank you for your interest in applying for the FY 2023 FAA Degree Completion Program (DCP). We are accepting applications from February 14 – March 28, 2023. The DCP is designed to assist employees with the completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree that they have previously started, but have not finished. This competitive program will reimburse up to 50 FAA employees up to $4,000 annually for college tuition for a maximum of five years. The questions and answers below will assist you with preparing your application.

What are the Degree Completion Program Eligibility Requirements?​

• You must have been employed full-time by the FAA since March 28, 2022, 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST).
  • Your first-level manager must verify that you meet the above program requirement.
  • You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program prior to your FAA DCP application submission.
  • Employees pursuing associate degrees and certificate programs are not eligible for the DCP. Doctoral students will only be reimbursed for practicum courses and not thesis/dissertation work.
  • The educational institution must be regionally accredited and be on the U.S. Department of Education Database of Post Secondary Institutions and Programs.
    • For undergraduate degrees 65% of the credit requirements must be complete prior to application submission. Additionally, you must have a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
    • For graduate degrees 50% of the course credit requirements must be complete prior to application submission. Additionally, you must have a cumulative 3.5 GPA.

How will participants be selected?​

• You have met the basic eligibility requirements for participation in the program
  • The relevance of your degree program to the future needs of your Line of Business/Staff Office or FAA
  • Your past academic performance based on academic grade point average (GPA)
  • How many years you need to complete your degree

How do I apply?

• Discuss with your manager: You should discuss your application intentions and deadlines with your manager prior to submission to ensure you have your manager’s certification in time to meet the application deadline.
    • To begin the application process online please download the application FAA30202839 (2023 DCP Application). Be sure to save the file. You will record completion of an item in order to kick off the application process, and you will attach your application to the learning record once you complete the initial process of recording it.
  • Read all instructions before beginning (the instructions assume you already know how to record a learning event):
  1. Copy this Item ID: FAA30202839 to your clipboard. You can use this item ID to quickly search for the item to record the completion.
  2. Click this link - Record Learning Link. This will bring you to the record learning page where you can search for the item FAA Degree Completion Program (DCP) Application 2023. This is when you can paste FAA30202839 from your clipboard to locate the application Item.
  3. As the final step in the record learning process you must attach the application and official transcript.
  4. Once completed, your application will be submitted for review. Applications and Official Transcripts must be submitted by the close date, 12 midnight EST, March 28, 2023.
  5. You will await approval from this application request. Acceptance or denial letters will be sent within 60 days.
Available eLMS courses that will assist with applying for the DCP:

What program commitments are participants required to make?​

All FAA Degree Completion Program coursework must take place outside of assigned duty hours. If selected, you must commit to the following program requirements:
  • Sign Continuing Service Agreement: You will be required to sign and date a Continuing Service Agreement with each submission for tuition reimbursement for a period of one year.
  • Accomplish Course Grade Requirements: You must achieve a minimum grade for each course that is submitted for reimbursement. Failure to achieve these grades will result in the course not being reimbursed by the FAA under this program. Minimum grade requirements are:
    • 2.0 for undergraduate courses (2.0 is a “C” grade)
    • 3.0 for graduate courses (3.0 is a “B” grade)
  • Maintain GPA and Academic Standing: You must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA and full academic standing at your college or university. Minimum GPA requirements are:
    • 2.5 (cumulative) for undergraduate degrees
    • 3.5 (cumulative) for graduate degrees
  • Stay on Plan: If you are no longer able to complete your degree as laid out in your academic plan you can:
    • Notify the DCP Program Manager that you are withdrawing from the program and complete one year of continued service at the FAA from the date of your last tuition reimbursement.
Your questions should be directed to the Office of Organizational Services, AHD-200, [email protected].

Current FAA policy allows and encourages Lines of Business/Staff Offices (LOB/SO) to support tuition assistance programs and academic degree programs. These programs vary across FAA organizations and are subject to availability of funding. Contact your organization’s training coordinator to find out which programs are available to you. In addition, managers may pay tuition for individual courses or classes to pursue mission-related education for purposes of professional development.

The 2024 Degree Completion Program is now open! Applications are being accepted until Mar 25, 2024.

The link popped up when I logged into my eLMS. If you're interested in applying check it out. Up to $4,000 annually (I believe it was fiscal year when I did it) for up to five years to complete your degree.

Back
Top Bottom