En Route En Route 5/19/2020

Either of you put any thoughts into housing yet? I'm going to be coming without a car and like the idea of Kim's for the shuttle.

I'm already booked at TownePlace suites

In my FOL email it said not to book lodging until you receive a welcoming packet. Did you already get that, or did your email not mention it?

Also, never even seen them mentioned. I'll check them out!

In my FOL email it said not to book lodging until you receive a welcoming packet. Did you already get that, or did your email not mention it?

Also, never even seen them mentioned. I'll check them out!

Yeah mine also said that. But mine said I would receive that within 14-days of the class date. Which for me is very short notice.
I contacted the FAA sales person that was listed on the student services page. For now its just a reservation with FAA pricing. They told me I can hold off sending anything to Student services till I get that packet.

Yeah mine also said that. But mine said I would receive that within 14-days of the class date. Which for me is very short notice.
I contacted the FAA sales person that was listed on the student services page. For now its just a reservation with FAA pricing. They told me I can hold off sending anything to Student services till I get that packet.
Gotcha. That makes sense. Mine also says 14 days and you're right, that's very last minute. Are you driving or is the hotel on the shuttle route?

Gotcha. That makes sense. Mine also says 14 days and you're right, that's very last minute. Are you driving or is the hotel on the shuttle route?

I'm taking my car, but it is on the shuttle route. It's next door to Fairfield Inn & Suites, which is one of the stops. I'll probably be doing both driving and ridding the shuttle.

Not part of this class but I am planning on staying at a Hotel as well. Do you need to reserve through the student services rep for that specific hotel, or do you have to call the hotel directly and work it out with them?

Not part of this class but I am planning on staying at a Hotel as well. Do you need to reserve through the student services rep for that specific hotel, or do you have to call the hotel directly and work it out with them?

Go to the contact they have listed. For my hotel the rep was pretty helpful and she handled the FAA account so she knew the process.
I contacted her via email then phone to do the reservation.

Just submitted a form with Kim's for a shared house (roommate). Checked out the hotel idea, has some perks but I don't think I could do that for 4 months.

Just an update for everyone here, I just got email response from an HR rep. As of today, this class is continuing as scheduled. We should expect onboarding paperwork in the next couple weeks. The only Academy classes affected thus far are the late March and early April classes.

Just an update for everyone here, I just got email response from an HR rep. As of today, this class is continuing as scheduled. We should expect onboarding paperwork in the next couple weeks. The only Academy classes affected thus far are the late March and early April classes.

God I wish that my rep would say ANYTHING about 4/10... the amount of information that each rep has seems to be different/contradictory, my apartment complex is driving me nuts about whether I'm staying or leaving.

Back
Top Bottom