Eqip Question - military history

helix522

Lurker
So about 7 or 8 years ago I applied to the US Air Force as an officer. I was accepted and went to officer training school but while I was there I decided it wasn't for me. It was a combination of things I won't get into, but I did end up quitting. I was at the training base for approximately a week and a half. I believe I got a DD214 honorable discharge, but I have no idea where that paperwork is.

Do I say yes or no for military history? On one hand I guess I was technically in their system and got a DD214. On the other hand, I never made it out of OTS/Officer-Basic, never did anything I'd consider service, and never actually commissioned as an O1.

VA number. Call em and see if theres anything they can help ya with. Always nice folks when I need to call.

I would report it and just be honest about it. If you got a DD214 then it shows you were in the military, if even for a day. You can request a copy of your DD214 from the va, and if your not in their system they will let you know, but it may take a while to get a copy potentially.

Back
Top Bottom