Projected CPC % to Target
-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

While I don't have any first hand experience, based on what I've seen touring the facility: They always land the outside runway and depart the inside runway whether north or south flow; There aren't a lot of taxiways; They don't have automatic releases for departures; The positions are never split, one local, one ground (one coordinator in lieu of splitting). Basically there isn't a lot of space to cram in and out all that volume and you are all alone with one hand tied behind your back.

Good to know! Thanks. I remember seeing places like DEN are impossible to get to so was curious if Newark was similar

Are jfk and lga any nicer?
All three are level 11s. The only difference I can see is that JFK and LGA average about a year longer in training compared to EWR. Which in my mind means they give more training extensions if needed, and don't automatically fail someone out if they're struggling. I know absolutely nothing about any of them other than looking at success rate and training time, so take that how you want it.

Are jfk and lga any nicer?
nicer than EWR, maybe, but I have only flown through, I would imagine so. nicer than Denver? nope. not a chance.
also, I have never toured any of these facilities, only flown through so take my comments with a grain of salt.

I don’t know about EWR/JFK/LGA but DEN costs you 10-15 minutes each way from parking to the tower... Because each day, you have to go through security, and ride the train to the C concourse, that adds up over a career.

I don’t know about EWR/JFK/LGA but DEN costs you 10-15 minutes each way from parking to the tower... Because each day, you have to go through security, and ride the train to the C concourse, that adds up over a career.
Give and take. The Mexican place right at the base of the tower isnt half bad at least

And the Tracon at DEN is so far in the middle of nowhere on the airport you can't make it anywhere but a gas station on your breaks.

What? They have automatic departures. We only put them on individuals if they piss us off or they don't have a high departure demand while TEB is balls to the walls so we'll put EWR on individual release and TEB on auto.

My bad. That's just kind of the way it was explained to me while I was there. There was this little computer screen (don't remember it's name) where each flight plan turned a different color once ZNY approved the route and it changed to another color once N90 approved his release.

My bad. That's just kind of the way it was explained to me while I was there. There was this little computer screen (don't remember it's name) where each flight plan turned a different color once ZNY approved the route and it changed to another color once N90 approved his release.

Oh, ok, the DSP. Yeah they scan each departure when they start taxiing and it shows up on a screen by our FD who clicks to acknowledge it and passes the strip to departure. I guess that can be construed as approving release but if we put them on individuals the FD still checks off all the departures and it's the departure controller who calls up to release them. Plus they'll launch someone without a check mark without a second thought.

Yeah, that's just how they described it to me. Also, the order they were on the screen was the order they said they were released in. But of course I know whether or not that's the way it's supposed to work doesn't mean that's how it actually works when no one from the outside is looking. Sounds like it's more look and go all day! Haha

Back
Top Bottom