Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-17-ATCEXP-52850

I can't remember...is it Izbeals, A1T2C3, or ZuluSierra's turn to call HR tomorrow? I can take Mondays shift. Haha

What is the going rate for amount of time it takes to finish the hiring process once TOLs are received? I've heard figures all over the map.

What is the going rate for amount of time it takes to finish the hiring process once TOLs are received? I've heard figures all over the map.

I'm not in the FAA yet, but my old co-workers got in, in the Sept 16 Prior Bid and it took around 4-6 months after a TOL. For those that failed the MMPI... They are still waiting to get the follow up appointment scheduled.

But just like you, I've heard, seen, and read just about everything.

I also applied to the Sep 2017 bid and am slated to start in Nov. I received my TOL in December, so 11 months. (Only delay was when they weren't placing anyone through the summer)

Oh these are always fun. I applied Jan 2013/Sequestration hits/Re-enlisted in Dec 13/Notified of Selection, receive TOL Jan 14/Take MMPI, Drug Test, Facility Tour, Security Clearance/Apply for separation-Denied/Hold TOL forever... Still holding it. Waiting for the opportunity to join you fellars on the outside ;)

Oh these are always fun. I applied Jan 2013/Sequestration hits/Re-enlisted in Dec 13/Notified of Selection, receive TOL Jan 14/Take MMPI, Drug Test, Facility Tour, Security Clearance/Apply for separation-Denied/Hold TOL forever... Still holding it. Waiting for the opportunity to join you fellars on the outside ;)

Damn brother, that sucks. I've been applying since 2010, got picked up for Oakland center once, and they wouldn't let me go to a different facility, it was under I believe the white book, pay was absolutely terrible for AGs. Basically I had to turn the job down because it just wasn't possible to afford to live on 35,800 per year until receiving ratings.

Been applying on every bid I'm eligible for ever since, although I'm limited to prior experience bids due to my age now.

Damn brother, that sucks. I've been applying since 2010, got picked up for Oakland center once, and they wouldn't let me go to a different facility, it was under I believe the white book, pay was absolutely terrible for AGs. Basically I had to turn the job down because it just wasn't possible to afford to live on 35,800 per year until receiving ratings.

Been applying on every bid I'm eligible for ever since, although I'm limited to prior experience bids due to my age now.
2010 was the redbook era. AG pay is still low, it's definitely still an issue for anyone going to a high cost of living enroute facility with a training backlog, you can easily be stuck on AG pay for over a year. For some areas, it's hard enough living on CPC pay, I couldn't imagine doing it on AG pay or any of the D bands.

I just got off the phone with HR about 10 minutes ago after receiving my AT-SA email. I asked if they Prior Experience TOLs will be handed out sometime after the fiscal year (1 OCT)... She told me, "No, much, much sooner than that." I would NOT take that as an absolute certainty, but since I asked and got that answer I figured I would share it with you all.

I just got off the phone with HR about 10 minutes ago after receiving my AT-SA email. I asked if they Prior Experience TOLs will be handed out sometime after the fiscal year (1 OCT)... She told me, "No, much, much sooner than that." I would NOT take that as an absolute certainty, but since I asked and got that answer I figured I would share it with you all.
Nice job keeping all your options open with the multiple bids.

i just called HR just 10 min ago and no answers on anything. I too recieved an invite for the AT-SA from the OTS bid of this year but my app for Prior Experience bid of Apr 2017 has been Referred n i am waiting to see/hear anything about that. I am going to wait 2 weeks and see if i get anything from the Prior Experience bid, if not, then i will schedule a date for the test.

After all the advice and help I have received from You, MJ, and Sugarfoot it would have been a bad decision not too. The starting point might be different, but the end result is still the same. I will take whatever I can get.

Thanks again.
Yea I concur. Just keep on grinding away with the process.

Back
Top Bottom