Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-23-ATCEXP-82723 (Prior Experience)

I applied to the last one and had been out of the agency for 7 months. They let me get all the way through the process where I would be waiting for a list and then offered me only my prior facility…..
Will you ever be able to get atleast in the nest. After a year out, on another prior experience bid perhaps?

Just applied! Still well over 20 months remaining on active duty, let's see how this plays out!
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN
Wasn't that long ago I was in the same boat applying a good ways out. Time flies, but the further you get into the process, the slower everything seems :rolleyes:

Good luck, what branch you in?

Will you ever be able to get atleast in the nest. After a year out, on another prior experience bid perhaps?
I am still trying to get more information. I think it is messed up it seems that they are using the MOU of direct hire for us that were in the agency trying to get back in on a prior experience bid. Nothing in the announcement says that we should only be offered our previous facility if we are within a year so who knows. FAA doing their thing. They keep it up I’m thinking about walking away from the career for good keep chasing a dream they refuse to let me accomplish what’s the point lol.

I applied to the last one and had been out of the agency for 7 months. They let me get all the way through the process where I would be waiting for a list and then offered me only my prior facility…..
The length of the applicant's separation will determine what facility openings they are eligible for.
• Those separated from the FAA for less than twelve (12) months will only be given consideration at their former FAA facility.

Reinstatement SOP told you this would happen.

The length of the applicant's separation will determine what facility openings they are eligible for.
• Those separated from the FAA for less than twelve (12) months will only be given consideration at their former FAA facility.

Except he didn’t apply for reinstatement. Unless they somehow merged reinstatement to include prior exp bids for former CPCs. Sounds like they don’t want us back

Keyword : Reinstatement.

Some of us have applied before and after the 12 month separation date and STILL get treated under the reinstatement rules. I get they might place you in the same pool as reinstatements before the allotted time, but after? Makes no sense.

Last edited:
Keyword : Reinstatement.

Some of us have applied before and after the 12 month separation date and STILL get treated under the reinstatement rules. I get they might place you in the same pool as reinstatements before the allotted time, but after? Makes no sense.
Damn they’re doing it after 12 months too? They really don’t want people getting around the reinstatement process.

Pretty sad the faa treats people like this yet gave us no warning the new rules were being implemented. If I knew direct hire to a facility I want to be at was about to be outlawed I wouldn’t have taken the gamble on being out of the agency a year but here we are lol. The fact that they are applying rules from the reinstatement process to the prior experience bid is a absolute joke in my opinion. Write out a MOU if that’s the way you want it and I’d be more than happy to settle with that. I hope the FAA gets sued for illegal hiring practices again they deserve it.

Pretty sad the faa treats people like this yet gave us no warning the new rules were being implemented. If I knew direct hire to a facility I want to be at was about to be outlawed I wouldn’t have taken the gamble on being out of the agency a year but here we are lol. The fact that they are applying rules from the reinstatement process to the prior experience bid is a absolute joke in my opinion. Write out a MOU if that’s the way you want it and I’d be more than happy to settle with that. I hope the FAA gets sued for illegal hiring practices again they deserve it.
I also wouldn't have left if I knew that but I don't regret it. I knew it was risky and lost the gamble but that's life sometimes.

To be fair, maybe they don't have anything in a MOU but in the application survey they ask if you're a former cpc and if you have completed a one year probationary period after leaving federal service. There might be a rule somewhere that isn't just FAA but relates to resigning from federal service in general.

I also wouldn't have left if I knew that but I don't regret it. I knew it was risky and lost the gamble but that's life sometimes.

To be fair, maybe they don't have anything in a MOU but in the application survey they ask if you're a former cpc and if you have completed a one year probationary period after leaving federal service. There might be a rule somewhere that isn't just FAA but relates to resigning from federal service in general.
I’m pretty sure it asked if you served a one year probationary period in federal service. Probation doesn’t apply once you leave federal service because you can’t get fired. I get what you’re trying to say but I don’t think it’s asking what you’re thinking. Me neither no regrets man. Many more doors have opened up since leaving. Only way id go back is level 10+ in an ideal location

I’m pretty sure it asked if you served a one year probationary period in federal service. Probation doesn’t apply once you leave federal service because you can’t get fired.
No it asks that too. Two separate questions. This is on the current bid. Can't remember if that last one had it.

Guess I missed that. Well I should get a “list” this week. I’l fill yall in if I get my old facility
I pulled up the questionnaire example, it's not on there, I mistook it for a different question.

I am still awaiting medical, hoping they don't do it to me too. They called my former ATM asking if I was trying to circumnavigate the ERR process right before issuing a TOL. So I'm sure they did that for everyone.

Last edited:
I pulled up the questionnaire example, it's not on there, I mistook it for a different question.

I am still awaiting medical, hoping they don't do it to me too. They called my former ATM asking if I was trying to circumnavigate the ERR process right before issuing a TOL. So I'm sure they did that for everyone.
Yup they called my manager too and my manager talked me up saying they should overlook the year thing and hire me again from what he told me lol

Back
Top Bottom