Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-23-ATCEXP-82723 (Prior Experience)

Birmingham is also growing a lot too and you have some very nice neighborhoods in the surrounding area to take your pick from. Lots of old money. And your money can go a looooooong way in real estate in the surrounding area: Pelham, Vestavia, Hoover, Homewood, etc. Idk how it is now but those schools were very good when I was growing up. Like jcowl said too, 2 hours to ATL and the mountains, 4 hours from the beach. Both easy weekend trips. You’re a stones throw from half the schools in the SEC if you want to catch a football game in person. You said you’ve got family and whatnot in Arkansas, it’s only a 5-6 hour drive from there. Relatively mild winters.

Birmingham is also growing a lot too and you have some very nice neighborhoods in the surrounding area to take your pick from. Lots of old money. And your money can go a looooooong way in real estate in the surrounding area: Pelham, Vestavia, Hoover, Homewood, etc. Idk how it is now but those schools were very good when I was growing up. Like jcowl said too, 2 hours to ATL and the mountains, 4 hours from the beach. Both easy weekend trips. You’re a stones throw from half the schools in the SEC if you want to catch a football game in person. You said you’ve got family and whatnot in Arkansas, it’s only a 5-6 hour drive from there. Relatively mild winters.
I like to take vacation trips to Aruba, thoughts?

Finally got a list. I'm from the January 22' bid
View attachment 8801View attachment 8803View attachment 8804

VNY will be upgrading to a 9 soon. It's on its third month above the buffer for a 9 and on track to holding it again and the traffic count team will be coming.

- 5 day work weeks

- no mandatory OT, being on the no list actually means no

- 6am - 10:30 PM

- preferred schedule: multiple people work all nights or days, some people choose to cascade

- 0 trainees, 1 inbound. You won't be waiting to start

- Good work culture and union and management relationships are great

- ~ 1 year to certify depending on how good you are

- LA locality and 10% CIP

VNY will be upgrading to a 9 soon. It's on its third month above the buffer for a 9 and on track to holding it again and the traffic count team will be coming.

- 5 day work weeks

- no mandatory OT, being on the no list actually means no

- 6am - 10:30 PM

- preferred schedule: multiple people work all nights or days, some people choose to cascade

- 0 trainees, 1 inbound. You won't be waiting to start

- Good work culture and union and management relationships are great

- ~ 1 year to certify depending on how good you are

- LA locality and 10% CIP
Can I DM you for a tour? Gf's family is in the valley so it'd be interesting to see.

I haven't. I do have one I can send but I'm still not quite at 120 days from terminal. How close were you to terminal when you sent yours?
Wait so the statement of service is the paper stating you are discharged honorably with the date of separation and terminal date correct? And it’s signed by the commander?Not the DD214? I thought we were supposed to submit that at the time of application along with our resume, atc card, and our ratings we earned? I’m asking because I am 7 1/2 months out and waiting for the next bid. 120 days is 4 months. Someone help please.

Wait so the statement of service is the paper stating you are discharged honorably with the date of separation and terminal date correct? And it’s signed by the commander?Not the DD214? I thought we were supposed to submit that at the time of application along with our resume, atc card, and our ratings we earned? I’m asking because I am 7 1/2 months out and waiting for the next bid. 120 days is 4 months. Someone help please
Yea that's the one. When I applied I was 12 months out and didn't have a statement of service so I didn't submit one. I did attach a photo copy of my certs, front and back.

Wait so the statement of service is the paper stating you are discharged honorably with the date of separation and terminal date correct? And it’s signed by the commander?Not the DD214? I thought we were supposed to submit that at the time of application along with our resume, atc card, and our ratings we earned? I’m asking because I am 7 1/2 months out and waiting for the next bid. 120 days is 4 months. Someone help please.
No statement of service is something different that just proves you serve(d). What you are looking for is a "Letter In Lieu or DD214." It's literally just a memorandum you can write and have your CC sign.

That's what I did, and HR said that worked perfectly. They just requested I sent my DD214 to them once I officially separated.

Mmpi and fingerprints done today. Medical scheduled in 2 weeks. Anyone know if anything will have to be repeated if I were to accept a DoD job instead? Then apply again at a later date. Still waiting to start terminal also.

Mmpi and fingerprints done today. Medical scheduled in 2 weeks. Anyone know if anything will have to be repeated if I were to accept a DoD job instead? Then apply again at a later date. Still waiting to start terminal also.
Insanity that it’s taken 8 months for them to process you with prior experience lmao.

Damn, that truly is dumb. Did you get tier 1 the first time?
Nope. Might have been because back then I was dirt poor as a GS-5 at 28k a year willing to sneak into a movie theatre, but now because I make that high salary I'd pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom