Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-23-ATCEXP-82723 (Prior Experience)

tinker, Kelly, whiteman, and cincinnati lunken
Damn wtf? I know it’s been a long time coming for you and kickass list but there’s nothing really that stands out in particular traffic wise to get 8s and whatnot right? Like, I’m not crazy for being surprised? 😂 congrats* nonetheless, fr

Damn wtf? I know it’s been a long time coming for you and kickass list but there’s nothing really that stands out in particular traffic wise to get 8s and whatnot right? Like, I’m not crazy for being surprised? 😂 congrats* nonetheless, fr
Lunken would be the only one I could think, but honestly, I don't think they give a shit about FCTs. Maybe it was the 10 years? No idea. I'm just as surprised.

Hello, I just got my list and I would appreciate as much advice as possible. Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-14 221244.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-14 221244.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot 2023-09-14 221323.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-14 221323.png
    156.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot 2023-09-14 221350.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-14 221350.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot 2023-09-14 221405.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-14 221405.png
    161.9 KB · Views: 155
Hello, I just got my list and I would appreciate as much advice as possible. Thank you!
If you don’t love one particular location or the other and have aspirations of moving up to busier/closer to home facilities… my advice would be to find the top 4 or 5 facilities with the best staffing numbers combined with lowest checkout time.

Suck up living in a “less than desirable” location for six months and when you check out three months after arriving, put in your paperwork to wherever you want to go and bounce.

Lunken would be the only one I could think, but honestly, I don't think they give a shit about FCTs. Maybe it was the 10 years? No idea. I'm just as surprised.
So you're saying there's a chance? Lol. Me having 11 years active duty exp. with CTO, approach, and en route certs to be as lucky as you?

So you're saying there's a chance? Lol. Me having 11 years active duty exp. with CTO, approach, and en route certs to be as lucky as you?
I dont see why the heck not. Hell you might have an even better list.

One person that had like 3 ctos and one rap cert, got SEA.

I had 7 years AF experience with radar / tower experience and I got a list almost exactly like D-Dub with a few 9s sprinkled in. Highly likely you will see a good list.

I had a similar list with 10 years. 3 facilities all about lvl 6 traffic. You have to remember most of the people that we are competing with are 4 year enlistees now. With the formula, 10 years at a lvl 6 is about equal to 4 years at a lvl 9.

Cost of living for the area compared to pay seems like a sick gig. How you liking it out at BHM?
Great. The fac is really chill. The coworkers are easy to get a long with. Theres plenty of affordable housing in the city and also outside town with acreage. Were 2 hours from either ATL or Nashville, and 4 hours from the beach. Were at the southern tip of the Appalachians so there plenty of outdoors stuff around here. Unique to our fac is we staff a tower at Talladega (that airport is within our airspace) during raceweek and controllers here talk about getting to ride in the sherrifs helicopter and other cool shit during that. I got more info if you wanna PM me.

Back
Top Bottom