FAA waiting process

Take it for what it's worth, but after I got all my clearances (medical, security, etc.) completed I just called HR and said I wanted a class date. "Could you sign me up for xx/xx class date," and it worked. All the future class dates are available online with a little google searching.

I have heard of this not working, but it worked for me, so it's worth a try.
Is there anywhere to see the number of people currently signed up for a specific date? I've found where the dates are but cant tell which ones have openings.

To beat a dead horse, you will need to learn patience if you are going to have success in this job.

I received an FOL more than two years after initially applying without a tier 2. Long story but here I am.

As others have mentioned, training backlogs, particularly at some of the Zs, are brutal. You may wait six months or more for D school, and luck into an area so short staffed that you might get six hours of training on a good week.

The above paragraph is quite literally the experience one of my colleagues at ZLA is going through currently.

Enjoy your free time while you have it. Try not to agonize about things outside of your control.

To beat a dead horse, you will need to learn patience if you are going to have success in this job.

I received an FOL more than two years after initially applying without a tier 2. Long story but here I am.

As others have mentioned, training backlogs, particularly at some of the Zs, are brutal. You may wait six months or more for D school, and luck into an area so short staffed that you might get six hours of training on a good week.

The above paragraph is quite literally the experience one of my colleagues at ZLA is going through currently.

Enjoy your free time while you have it. Try not to agonize about things outside of your control.
I appreciate these words. I’m going to enjoy this time while I have it.

I keep looking around and can't find what a D school is, what is that?

6 weeks plus of “academics” at your assigned en route facility in a lower fidelity environment than radar academics at MMAC (at least that’s my experience). Needs to be completed prior to starting on the floor.

Is anyone else also discouraged due to how much waiting is involved in this process? I got my TOL in January and I am still waiting for my FOL.
Not to discourage you more but I got my TOL in Oct 2020. I had to go Tier 2 but it's been a long process and still have not received the FOL. Best to focus on something else for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom