Facility mood/morale during this Shutdown?

Morale is dropping at my facility. We did have a local GA pilot send pizza over one night but the Sup turned him away saying it would be seen as taking a bribe...

bribe!?

bribe /brīb/ verb 1. persuade (someone) to act in one's favor, typically illegally or dishonestly, by a gift of money or other inducement.

Your managers are heartless ignorant A-holes.

Morale is dropping at my facility. We did have a local GA pilot send pizza over one night but the Sup turned him away saying it would be seen as taking a bribe...

Your sup is a douche nozzle. Aside from the fact that pizza, donuts and coffee are specifically exempt from the gift thing, we even have Delta sending a rep on Friday to thank us for showing up to work and sending pizzas for both shifts.

If I see him I also plan on thanking him for Delta being one of the only airlines to stand up against privatization.

LWOP is considered a pay status. During a shutdown, you either work or you are furloughed. If they returned you to your prior agency and they have no work for you, then they should be putting you in furlough status not LWOP.

Is that true if the previous agency (DoD) has funding? Basically I ended up "sticking" to their rolls because I couldn't swear in, but the boss there said we could use leave of any sort, which in my case amounts to LWOP. Hoping that I don't get hosed on this transfer with some objectionable break in service or somethin'.

Is that true if the previous agency (DoD) has funding? Basically I ended up "sticking" to their rolls because I couldn't swear in, but the boss there said we could use leave of any sort, which in my case amounts to LWOP. Hoping that I don't get hosed on this transfer with some objectionable break in service or somethin'.
Uhhhh the dod is funded...... if you're still on their books and taking LWOP. You're literally taking leave without pay......

Well you're not not right.
So I dont understand you're question. You're still employed by the DOD. Just not employed by the FAA due to the shutdown. Unless the DOD terminated you, but if you're still on the books, youre still acquiring time

So I dont understand you're question. You're still employed by the DOD. Just not employed by the FAA due to the shutdown. Unless the DOD terminated you, but if you're still on the books, youre still acquiring time

My apologies for the incompetent communication on my part It wasn't a question meant to convey the need for a response. More of a "are you sure, because I think that the situation's a little different..." A gentle way of saying, "nah, I'm just not going to be paid." I see how what I wrote could be quite confusing. Sorry again. :+)

I wish there was any supervisor or manager here at N90 that tried to pull that shit about not letting free pizza, coffee, or whatever come in here because it's "a bribe". We may have some douchebags in management here that would love to do it, but they're not stupid enough to try it. I'm surprised to hear that controllers in other facilities would actually stand quietly and let that crap fly. If there was ever a perfect moment to tell a manager to "go f**k yourself" that would be it.

Back
Top Bottom