Operational Info​

Facility Level History​

Old LevelNew LevelEffective Date
786/9/2019

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

I don't have any ATC-specific info for you but I worked on the field for a few years in one of the FBOs. The large majority of the traffic is flight training aircraft and other small GA stuff with a few business jets here and there. (I worked there a few years ago so I don't know if the larger jet traffic has changed or not.) There's also a warbird museum on the field so you would get some of that as well. CAE is one of the flight schools on the field so there can be a language barrier at times but for the most part it's not too bad.

I don't have any ATC-specific info for you but I worked on the field for a few years in one of the FBOs. The large majority of the traffic is flight training aircraft and other small GA stuff with a few business jets here and there. (I worked there a few years ago so I don't know if the larger jet traffic has changed or not.) There's also a warbird museum on the field so you would get some of that as well. CAE is one of the flight schools on the field so there can be a language barrier at times but for the most part it's not too bad.
I appreciate that yeah I had some experience with that at my old tower. how is the area as far as living situation?

Mesa itself is hit or miss. The east side of Mesa is much nicer and probably much safer than the west side and there are some really nice neighborhoods in the east valley for a decent price. Gilbert has some really nice areas as well and is not far from Falcon. As far as things to do, it depends on what you're looking for. The further east you go, the less developed it is so there may be less to do but you can get to Scottsdale/Tempe/downtown Phoenix within 30 minutes or so. I have lived in AZ my whole life and have lived in several areas so if you are looking at a specific area I can try to fill you in on it.

Mesa itself is hit or miss. The east side of Mesa is much nicer and probably much safer than the west side and there are some really nice neighborhoods in the east valley for a decent price. Gilbert has some really nice areas as well and is not far from Falcon. As far as things to do, it depends on what you're looking for. The further east you go, the less developed it is so there may be less to do but you can get to Scottsdale/Tempe/downtown Phoenix within 30 minutes or so. I have lived in AZ my whole life and have lived in several areas so if you are looking at a specific area I can try to fill you in on it.
Awesome I appreciate that. Yeah I will find out today and tomorrow and I will go ahead with it mesa or Gilbert is what I heard

Can you be a controller at ffz and a flight instructor at the school there?
I know you can be a controller and a flight instructor on your own with no problems. Not sure how a flight school would work out though. I'd imagine it wouldn't be an issue unless you start bailing out of ATC to spend time instructing.

Can you be a controller at ffz and a flight instructor at the school there?
You have two options.
1. Just do it and as long as your co-workers don't hate you it shouldn't be an issue. If you do get caught, you would then follow Article 94 and see if you get approval to continue. If not, then you get a slap on the wrist and a cease and desist.
2. Be forthcoming and go through the process outlined in Article 94.

Back
Top Bottom