Projected CPC % to Target
-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

Also any idea as to why they're an 8 instead of a 9? I know the operation isn't very complex but it seems like they should be upgraded based on sheer volume. They work more traffic than most level 9 tower only facilities

Also any idea as to why they're an 8 instead of a 9? I know the operation isn't very complex but it seems like they should be upgraded based on sheer volume. They work more traffic than most level 9 tower only facilities

They dont have the traffic count of a level 9. Their numbers are under the threshold. They are trying though.

They dont have the traffic count of a level 9. Their numbers are under the threshold. They are trying though.
So I'm looking at the ATADS and in 2017 FLL did 313k ops. Meanwhile other level 8s had: HOU 202k MEM 223k STL 196K. DCA (level 10) did 299K and IAD (9) 294k. Why is there be such a big discrepancy? Where's the threshold?

So I'm looking at the ATADS and in 2017 FLL did 313k ops. Meanwhile other level 8s had: HOU 202k MEM 223k STL 196K. DCA (level 10) did 299K and IAD (9) 294k. Why is there be such a big discrepancy? Where's the threshold?

It has to do with complexity as well. I dont remember their numbers even being that high when we looked at it not long ago. My sup pulled it up on some program. Ill ask him to look it up tomorrow and come back. Its a formula they use to get a certain number and then that number has to hit the threshold

The formula is in an appendix in the back of the contract. Good luck understanding it, it's pretty complex

Traffic count has an impact on facility level, but the formula includes lots more than just traffic count.
On an FAA computer, go to aap.faa.gov
Then click on TCIP (Traffic Count Index Program)
it'll let you see each facility's CI numbers.

I worked at FLL for 2 1/2 years. I left back in July 2016. I'm also from Ft. Lauderdale, so I know the area well. FLL is one of the best places I've worked since coming into the FAA back in 06. That's based on management and the personalities of the controllers. It's just a really laid back facility. However, it's also one of the easiest places to work...which is why it's an 8. They lost their complexity when then they got rid of the intersecting runways and some of the radar functions they used to do with MIA. As far as the area goes...it's not that cheap if you want to live in a nice area, but it's not outrageous either. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Back
Top Bottom