Hiring suspended

MJ

Administrator
Staff member
I was recently informed and I verified today that hiring is temporarily suspended. I don't know the exact reason, but the following is what I was told:
We have not yet heard from Headquarters on the status of our external hiring practices under the new administration. We are hopeful that we will hear information shortly.
And also,
I was told that things are on hold for now, just not sure for how long.
I don't know for how long, but rumor was until August. I don't believe this effects people going to the academy.

Edit: And right on cue

We are sending this email to inform you that, due to budget constraints for the remainder of Fiscal Year 2017, we have been instructed to suspend placement activity until mid-August 2017. In mid-August, tentatively on August 10, 2017 or August 17, 2017, we will resume placement activity and a facility preference list will be sent to you for you to rank in order of your preference. Your preference will be granted to every extent possible but cannot be guaranteed. Facilities are offered and assigned via a standard process and primarily the needs of the FAA. Once facility assignment has been made, Aviation Careers will contact you to coordinate an Entry on Duty (EOD) date which must be on or after October 1st, 2017 in order to fall within Fiscal Year 2018.

We are looking forward to having you join the ATO and we appreciate your patience in this matter.

Sincerely,

Technical Onboarding Team
Air Traffic Organization (ATO)
Federal Aviation Administration

Academy hires are not affected.

Last edited:
I was recently informed and I verified today that hiring is temporarily suspended. I don't know the exact reason, but the following is what I was told:

And also,

I don't know for how long, but rumor was until August. I don't believe this effects people going to the academy at the moment.

Edit: And right on queue...

MJ for those of us still in the pipe is this affecting those at the academy or finishing up the academy and are waiting to get to your facility or is this affecting those of us still in the hiring pipe that are waiting to start the academy? Just some clarification on where you got this and who specifically it's affecting. Thanks!

I believe it is only affect the prior experience, direct to facility new hires. As far as I have heard the Academy is still operating as normal.

So basically, academy grads have two months to potentially get to decent 7 and below facilities before prior experience hiring snags all the gems.

I'm guessing if your facility had two Previous Experience people slatted to start anytime between July-September, they won't be able to start until October 1st or later... Bummer.

I'm guessing if your facility had two Previous Experience people slatted to start anytime between July-September, they won't be able to start until October 1st or later... Bummer.
Doubt it. Those people already have a signed FOL and start date, they'll be fine.

So how does this affect people who are going to the academy, I'm just not clear on this? This forum is really confusing. ajmezz did this affect you? Were you turned away when you reported for work?

Back
Top Bottom