Holiday pay and leave during the pandemic

Andrew Luck

Lurker
I’m confused on Holiday pay and annual leave during the pandemic. Are controllers supposed to get holiday pay? With the new schedules many controllers are not working with no in lieu. I was also wondering about annual leave are you charged for annual the same as it was before?

If you work a holiday or day-in-lieu, you get the holiday like normal. If the holiday or day-in-lieu falls on an excused absence day, it seems to kind of be a tossup depending on your facility/facrep/admin assistant whether you get it or not. I don't know if there's official guidance.

What I've heard from my RVP about annual is: if you're on annual, you 100% will not be recalled (unlike EA where you might be, maybe possibly). If you feel like gambling it and you don't want to burn your annual because you don't think you'll be recalled, you need to cancel it, it's not guaranteed to returned to you. Some facilities (again it varies) have been changing annual to EA on a day-by-day basis but that's not official guidance either.

Everyone at my facility got paid for an in-lieu of day for Memorial Day and was told it will be the same for the 4th. I guess the secretary is coding it in Cru-art if you’re on admin for your 5 or 10 off that someway you’ll work your in-lieu of during the pay period of that holiday. ??

Everyone at my facility got paid for an in-lieu of day for Memorial Day and was told it will be the same for the 4th. I guess the secretary is coding it in Cru-art if you’re on admin for your 5 or 10 off that someway you’ll work your in-lieu of during the pay period of that holiday. ??
That’s a good front office. Nice to see a facility that understands the money doesn’t come out of their own pocket for once.

My facility does not have this policy I missed Memorial Day and will the 4th as well. I wonder depending on how the schedule falls if I will get any holiday pay for the rest of the year.

My facility does not have this policy I missed Memorial Day and will the 4th as well. I wonder depending on how the schedule falls if I will get any holiday pay for the rest of the year.
We we’re told that was what was decided in the district that everyone would get the holiday pay... I would look into it.

If you’re coded WX or whatever they’re doing to show you as recallable on the holiday you should get it.

Did you work the holiday? Then you shouldn’t get it. All the free damn leave we are getting and we are still complaining about some pennies. Boo hoo I didn’t get the holiday pay. Live on your damn salary for once in your pathetic life.

Recallable, is that why the union just put out a reminder that you are actually recallable during those days and must be able to actually show up to work because we’ve been taking our duty seriously?

Did you work the holiday? Then you shouldn’t get it. All the free damn leave we are getting and we are still complaining about some pennies. Boo hoo I didn’t get the holiday pay. Live on your damn salary for once in your pathetic life.

Recallable, is that why the union just put out a reminder that you are actually recallable during those days and must be able to actually show up to work because we’ve been taking our duty seriously?
There were some controllers on the crew that didnt get Memorial Day at my facility asking to go back to the normal schedule because they were butthurt about not getting the money. I couldn’t believe it.

There were some controllers on the crew that didnt get Memorial Day at my facility asking to go back to the normal schedule because they were butthurt about not getting the money. I couldn’t believe it.

The Free leave equates to pay we didn’t earn, but they need that days worth of pay on one day....F**king pathetic. they should no longer get a vote on anything that goes on at the facility.

Back
Top Bottom